Aditya wrote: > Can you create a minimum example to play with? I attached the module t-pararef.tex and the example pararef-test.tex. The ref1 is still wrong. When I replace \currentheadnumber in \paragraphMark with the before defined \presentheadnumber  context is saying that a «Missing control sequence inserted» - but I don't see any mistake there (but there must be)... But finally I only want that the ref1 in the example is also working (see at the end of example file). A second questions: why is the paragraph of ref3 in the example indented? Thanks, P.