* texexec completion script for zsh
@ 2007-12-17  1:15 Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2007-12-17  1:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

I just put together a simple completion script for texexec in zsh.

Zsh can do some fancy completions with tab. I have written a completion
script that gives some command line switches of texexec as part of tab
completion in zsh. Here is what the output looks like
http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Image:Screenshot-Terminal.png

One can go between the different options by pressing tab.

The script is at
http://wiki.contextgarden.net/User:Adityam#Zsh_completion

This is my first attempt to write a zsh completion script. Any feedback is
welcome.

Aditya

* Re: texexec completion script for zsh
@ 2007-12-18 17:18 ` Matija Šuklje
From: Matija Šuklje @ 2007-12-18 17:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dne ponedeljek 17. decembra 2007 je Aditya Mahajan napisal(a):
> I just put together a simple completion script for texexec in zsh.

Sweet, thanks :]

> This is my first attempt to write a zsh completion script. Any feedback is
> welcome.

Well, I'm a Zsh newbie, so I'm in no position to claim anything to be wrong.
But what bothers me with your script (as it is right now) is that when apart
from 'texexec' there is also a 'texexec_completer' command present.

Otherwise, really great work! It inspired me to perhaps even take on some Zsh
scripting of my own at some point.

Cheers,
Matija Šuklje

--
gsm: +386 41 849 552
e-mail: matija.suklje@rutka.net

aim: hookofsilver
icq: 110183360
jabber/g-talk: matija.suklje@gabbler.org
msn: matija.suklje@rutka.net
yahoo: matija_suklje

* Re: texexec completion script for zsh
@ 2007-12-18 18:16   ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2007-12-18 18:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 18 Dec 2007, Matija Šuklje wrote:

> Dne ponedeljek 17. decembra 2007 je Aditya Mahajan napisal(a):
>> I just put together a simple completion script for texexec in zsh.
>
> Sweet, thanks :]
>
>> This is my first attempt to write a zsh completion script. Any feedback is
>> welcome.
>
> Well, I'm a Zsh newbie,

So am I. Been using it for about two weeks now.

> so I'm in no position to claim anything to be wrong.
> But what bothers me with your script (as it is right now) is that when apart
> from 'texexec' there is also a 'texexec_completer' command present.

Yes. All the completer functions are available as commands. Try _<tab> and
you will see all the in-built ones.

If you want, you can rename texexec_completer to _texexec. That way, you
will not get prompted for it on normal commands. I do not know if _ is
reservered for distribution level completers or not, so did not name it
_texexec.

> Otherwise, really great work! It inspired me to perhaps even take on some Zsh
> scripting of my own at some point.

I have been fairly impressed zsh tab completion. For example, suppose
firefox has hung, and you want to kill it. Earlier, I did something like

ps aux | grep firefox

look at the pid and kill that process. With zsh, I can do

kill -9 firefox<tab> and it finds the pid for me. Sweet.

At some point, I hope to get a more sophisticated completer for texexec.

@ 2007-12-18 18:29     ` Matija Šuklje
From: Matija Šuklje @ 2007-12-18 18:29 UTC (permalink / raw)