* to obtain glyphs in marvosym.pfb
@ 2008-01-04 11:25 Yvon Henel
From: Yvon Henel @ 2008-01-04 11:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

hello all

<summary of previous episodes>
I begin to be able to use utopia-expert fonts thanks to the fourier tricks
located in the different type-*.enc.
My previous work with TeXfont has not been entirely useless for it has helped
me to understand what I needed to use the available material which gives
access to utopia-expert.

I would seize the opportunity to thank all the people who made available  the
howtos on ConTeXt, the wiki and so on. And also those who answered my first
questions on this list, even if I choose not to follow all their
recommendations ;-) To say the truth I've already devoted the last three days
in learning how to use ConTeXt and cannot envisage to swap to LuaTeX before
some time.
</summary of previous episodes>

But alas I've got a new problem which I state hereafter:

I've tried this:
\definesymbol [Telefon][\getglyph{umvs}{\char84}]
because umvs.tfm is in the marvosym directory
but it doesn't work.
I've also tried marvosym (because there is a marvosym.pfb) instead of umvs but
to no avail.

I've succeeded nonetheless in obtaining the glyphs of fourier-orns with
\definefontsynonym [Fourier-Ornements] [fourier-orns] [encoding=ec]
\definesymbol [lefthand][\getglyph{Fourier-Ornements}{\char116}]

Is it because I need to load a map or something?

Any hint would be greatly appreciated

Many thanks to all

--
Yvon Henel

[-- Attachment #1.2: This is a digitally signed message part. --]

* Re: to obtain glyphs in marvosym.pfb
@ 2008-01-04 12:20 ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2008-01-04 12:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Jan 4, 2008 12:25 PM, Yvon Henel <yvon.henel@orange.fr> wrote:
> hello all
>
> <summary of previous episodes>
> I begin to be able to use utopia-expert fonts thanks to the fourier tricks
> located in the different type-*.enc.
> My previous work with TeXfont has not been entirely useless for it has helped
> me to understand what I needed to use the available material which gives
> access to utopia-expert.
>
> I would seize the opportunity to thank all the people who made available  the
> howtos on ConTeXt, the wiki and so on. And also those who answered my first
> questions on this list, even if I choose not to follow all their
> recommendations ;-) To say the truth I've already devoted the last three days
> in learning how to use ConTeXt and cannot envisage to swap to LuaTeX before
> some time.
> </summary of previous episodes>
>
> But alas I've got a new problem which I state hereafter:
>
> I've tried this:
> \definesymbol [Telefon][\getglyph{umvs}{\char84}]
> because umvs.tfm is in the marvosym directory
> but it doesn't work.
> I've also tried marvosym (because there is a marvosym.pfb) instead of umvs but
> to no avail.

You need to provide tha tfm file name, not pfb, but there already
exists a module which does that.

\usesymbols[mvs]
\setupsymbolset[martinvogel 2]
\symbol[Telephone]

See and the corrosponding source file (symb-mvs.tex)
    http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Symbols/mvs

Mojca

* Re: to obtain glyphs in marvosym.pfb
@ 2008-01-04 14:19   ` Yvon Henel