* How to not reset page numbers with a new part?
@ 2008-02-12 17:35 Bart Wise
From: Bart Wise @ 2008-02-12 17:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

When I define a new part to my document (\part{Part One}), the page numbers
always get reset to 0.  How do I prevent this?

Thanks,
Bart

* Re: How to not reset page numbers with a new part?
@ 2008-02-12 20:47 ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2008-02-12 20:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Bart,

\setuppagenumbering[way=bytext]

is your friend.

Willi

@ 2008-02-12 22:33   ` Bart Wise
From: Bart Wise @ 2008-02-12 22:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Willi,

I tried that and it did do what I wanted.  My book has frontmatter and
bodymatter.  The page numbering will start at 1 on the title page, displayed
in roman numerals.  And then when the bodymatter is entered, the numbering
should get reset to 1.  However, when I did a "way=bytext", I could not reset
the numbering to 1 when I was in the bodymatter section.

Any more hints?

Just for clarity sake,  here's some sample code of what I'm trying to do:

\enablemode[doublesided]

\setuppagenumbering[
    location={footer,middle},
    alternative=doublesided,
    partnumber=no,
    style=\em\tfx,
    way=bytext]

\starttext

\startfrontmatter
\setuppagenumbering[conversion=romannumerals]

\startstandardmakeup[headerstate=none]
Half-Title Here
\stopstandardmakeup

\startstandardmakeup[doublesided=no]
Title Here
\stopstandardmakeup

\startstandardmakeup[page=no]
Copyright here
\stopstandardmakeup

\chapter{Preface}  \dorecurse{10}{\input tufte  }
\stopfrontmatter

\startbodymatter
\setuppagenumbering[conversion=]
\setuppagenumbering[number=1]

\part{Part One}
\chapter{first}  \dorecurse{10}{\input tufte  }
\chapter{second} \dorecurse{10}{\input davis  }
\part{Part Two}
\chapter{third}  \dorecurse{10}{\input zapf   }
\chapter{fourth} \dorecurse{10}{\input bryson }
\stopbodymatter

\stoptext

Bart

@ 2008-02-13 10:12     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2008-02-13 10:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Feb 12, 2008 11:33 PM, Bart Wise <bntgcontext@wiseguysweb.com> wrote:
> Willi,
>
> I tried that and it did do what I wanted.  My book has frontmatter and
> bodymatter.  The page numbering will start at 1 on the title page, displayed
> in roman numerals.  And then when the bodymatter is entered, the numbering
> should get reset to 1.  However, when I did a "way=bytext", I could not reset
> the numbering to 1 when I was in the bodymatter section.
>
> Any more hints?
>
> Just for clarity sake,  here's some sample code of what I'm trying to do:
>
> \enablemode[doublesided]
>
> \setuppagenumbering[
>     location={footer,middle},
>     alternative=doublesided,
>     partnumber=no,
>     style=\em\tfx,
>     way=bytext]
>
> \starttext
>
> \startfrontmatter
> \setuppagenumbering[conversion=romannumerals]
>
> \startstandardmakeup[headerstate=none]
> Half-Title Here
> \stopstandardmakeup
>
> \startstandardmakeup[doublesided=no]
> Title Here
> \stopstandardmakeup
>
> \startstandardmakeup[page=no]
> Copyright here
> \stopstandardmakeup
>
> \chapter{Preface}  \dorecurse{10}{\input tufte  }
> \stopfrontmatter
>
> \startbodymatter
> \setuppagenumbering[conversion=]
> \setuppagenumbering[number=1]

\setuppagenumber[number=1]

> \part{Part One}
> \chapter{first}  \dorecurse{10}{\input tufte  }
> \chapter{second} \dorecurse{10}{\input davis  }
> \part{Part Two}
> \chapter{third}  \dorecurse{10}{\input zapf   }
> \chapter{fourth} \dorecurse{10}{\input bryson }
> \stopbodymatter
>
> \stoptext

Wolfgang

* Re: How to not reset page numbers with a new part?
@ 2008-02-13 12:53       ` Bart Wise
From: Bart Wise @ 2008-02-13 12:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Thanks Wolfgang for spotting my error!