* References title in Norwegian
@ 2008-02-21 17:41 Trond Lossius
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Trond Lossius @ 2008-02-21 17:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi,

I'm writing a publication in Norwegian containing citations and
references. I use

\completepublications[criterium=all]

at the end of the tex file to get the references. The only problem is
that the title of it when typeset show up as "References" in English. Is
it possible somehow to substitute that for the Norwgeian equivalent
"Litteratur"?

I'm using the MacTex distro from http://www.tug.org/mactex/

Thanks a lot,
Trond

* Re: References title in Norwegian
@ 2008-02-21 18:19 ` Charles Doherty
From: Charles Doherty @ 2008-02-21 18:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 21 Feb 2008, at 17:41, Trond Lossius wrote:

> \completepublications[criterium=all]

Dear Trond,

Put the line below before \starttext

\setupheadtext[en][pubs=Litteratur]

Best wishes,
Charlie

@ 2008-02-21 22:02 ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2008-02-21 22:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Trond,

Intreaguing question ...

\mainlanguage[no]
\setupheadtext[no][pubs=Literatur]

Willi

On Feb 21, 2008, at 6:41 PM, Trond Lossius wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm writing a publication in Norwegian containing citations and
> references. I use
>
> \completepublications[criterium=all]
>
> at the end of the tex file to get the references. The only problem is
> that the title of it when typeset show up as "References" in
> English. Is
> it possible somehow to substitute that for the Norwgeian equivalent
> "Litteratur"?
>
> I'm using the MacTex distro from http://www.tug.org/mactex/
>

> Thanks a lot,
> Trond
> ntg-context
> wiki     : http://contextgarden.net
> _____________

BOEDE
Book and Electronic Document Engineering
Willi Egger
w.egger@boede.nl
KvK 17138708

* Re: References title in Norwegian
@ 2008-02-21 22:09 ` Jean Magnan de Bornier
From: Jean Magnan de Bornier @ 2008-02-21 22:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Le 21 février à 18:41:12 Trond Lossius <lossius@bek.no> écrit notamment:

| Hi,
>
| I'm writing a publication in Norwegian containing citations and
| references. I use
>
| \completepublications[criterium=all]
>
| at the end of the tex file to get the references. The only problem is
| that the title of it when typeset show up as "References" in English. Is
| it possible somehow to substitute that for the Norwgeian equivalent
| "Litteratur"?
>
| I'm using the MacTex distro from http://www.tug.org/mactex/

For a french equivalent to your question, I have this in my preamble:

\setupheadtext[fr][pubs={Références}]  %, with of course:
\mainlanguage[fr]

hth,
--
Jean

* Re: References title in Norwegian
@ 2008-02-22  7:26   ` Trond Lossius
From: Trond Lossius @ 2008-02-22  7:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks, this works.

I was just about to ask how to do the same concerning the list of
contents when I realized that it automagically translates itself when using

\mainlanguage[no]

Best,
Trond

@ 2008-02-24 14:22     ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2008-02-24 14:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 2008-02-22 um 08:26 schrieb Trond Lossius:

> I was just about to ask how to do the same concerning the list of
> contents when I realized that it automagically translates itself
> when using
> \mainlanguage[no]

I remember a discussion whether ConTeXt's "Norwegian" is Bokmål or
Nynorsk (I don't understand any and don't know the difference) - is
this matter settled? We should add this information in the Wiki at
http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Language_Codes

The same goes for "Spanish" (Catalan, other...)

Greetlings from Lake Constance!
Hraban
---
http://www.fiee.net/texnique/
http://wiki.contextgarden.net
https://www.cacert.org (I'm an assurer)

* Re: (References title in) Norwegian
@ 2008-02-24 18:42       ` Arthur Reutenauer
From: Arthur Reutenauer @ 2008-02-24 18:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I remember a discussion whether ConTeXt's "Norwegian" is Bokmål or
> Nynorsk (I don't understand any and don't know the difference)

  Yes, over one year ago.  The discussion started on the dev-context
list and subsequently made a brief appearance here
(http://www.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-context/2007/023834.html).

  Not much has been done since then; it sure would be good to read over
that discussion and sum it up in a patch.

> The same goes for "Spanish" (Catalan, other...)

  The problem is different here: if you say "Spanish" it really means
Castilian (ISO 639-1 'es', ISO 639-2 and 639-3 'spa'), not Catalan (nor
Galician or Asturian, for that matter) -- unless otherwise specified, of
course.  "Norwegian", on the contrary, is really ambiguous and can be
used for both the official languages of Norway (although in the mind of
many people it will mean Bokmål alone, I suspect).

	Arthur