* parbox equivalent?
@ 2008-03-12 16:55 jazz_johnson
From: jazz_johnson @ 2008-03-12 16:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is there any recommended ConTeXt equivalent to latex's parbox command?

Specifically I'm thinking of signature blocks such as

\vspace{1in}
   \hspace{2.5in}
      \parbox{3in}{Sincerely yours,
                                 \vspace{.7in}\\
                                John Doe}

or this:

\newcommand{\signature}{ %
   \vspace{1in}\hspace{3.0in}%
   \begin{minipage}[t]{3.5in}%
      The Board of Directors
      \vspace{.1in}\\By:%
      \begin{minipage}[t]{3.0in}%
         \includegraphics[width=2.5in]{gm_signature.png}\\%
         \vspace{-1 cm}%
         \parbox[t]{3.0in}{\hrulefill\\John Doe, General Manager}%
      \end{minipage}%
   \end{minipage}%
}

or this:
\begin{tabular}{p{3in} p{3in} }
\signatureblock1 & \signatureblock2 \\
\notaryblock1       & \notaryblock2       \\
\stop{tabular}

Thanks

* Re: parbox equivalent?
@ 2008-03-12 17:23 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2008-03-12 17:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 11:55:15 -0500
jazz_johnson@verizon.net wrote:

> Is there any recommended ConTeXt equivalent to latex's parbox command?

\framed

> Specifically I'm thinking of signature blocks such as
>
> \vspace{1in}
>    \hspace{2.5in}
>       \parbox{3in}{Sincerely yours,
>                                  \vspace{.7in}\\
>                                 John Doe}

\blank[1in]
\hskip2.5in
\framed
  [width=3in,align=right]
  {Sincerely yours\blank[.7in]John Doe}

> or this:
>
> \newcommand{\signature}{ %
>    \vspace{1in}\hspace{3.0in}%
>    \begin{minipage}[t]{3.5in}%
>       The Board of Directors
>       \vspace{.1in}\\By:%
>       \begin{minipage}[t]{3.0in}%
>          \includegraphics[width=2.5in]{gm_signature.png}\\%
>          \vspace{-1 cm}%
>          \parbox[t]{3.0in}{\hrulefill\\John Doe, General Manager}%
>       \end{minipage}%
>    \end{minipage}%
> }
>
> or this:
> \begin{tabular}{p{3in} p{3in} }
> \signatureblock1 & \signatureblock2 \\
> \notaryblock1       & \notaryblock2       \\
> \stop{tabular}

\starttable[|p(3in)|p(3in)|]
\NC \signaturblockone \NC \signaturblocktwo \NC\AR
\NC \notaryblockone \NC \notaryblocktwo \NC\AR
\stoptable

Wolfgang

* Re: parbox equivalent?
@ 2008-03-12 18:06   ` jazz_johnson
From: jazz_johnson @ 2008-03-12 18:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wednesday 12 March 2008, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
> \blank[1in]
> \hskip2.5in
> \framed
>   [width=3in,align=right]
>   {Sincerely yours\blank[.7in]John Doe}

THANKS,

I had tried the \framed command
but left out the KEY "align=right"

Without the "align=right"
the \blank[.7in] is ignored
and the signature block gets formatted
as a single paragraph with no extra parskip