On May 1, 2008, at 4:26 AM, cidadaum at sapo.pt wrote: > I have unzipped the folder to my texmf tree so it looks like this: > > adsm at adsm:~> cd /usr/share/texmf > adsm at adsm:/usr/share/texmf> ls > bibtex context dvips ls-R mft tex t- greek-2008.04.30 > bin doc fmtutil makeindex scripts texconfig web2c > chktex dvipdfm fonts metafont teTeX texmf xdvi > adsm at adsm:/usr/share/texmf> > > Then I ran texhash. > I am using Linux OpenSuse 10.3 KDE. > > armando martins OK, there's nothing inherently wrong with what you did. I would advise, however, to install additional packages either to the local texmf tree or to you personal tree. These are defined in the file /etc/ texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf as TEXMFLOCAL = /usr/local/share/texmf and TEXMFHOME = $HOME/TEXMF You have unzipped into the main tree, so it should work as well. I would ask you to make sure that the important files are in the right position, so run ls /usr/share/texmf/tex/context/third and that the files are seen by TeX, so run kpsewhere t-ancientgreek.tex Post the output of these commands. Thomas I think I have managed to do the installation: adsm@adsm:~> kpsewhere t-ancientgreek.tex /usr/local/share/texmf/tex/context/third/t-ancientgreek.tex Still I am missing something else because texexec doesn't go through. texexec greek_try.tex hangs on with this message: Transcript written on mfput.log. grep: GFSPorson.log: No such file or directory mktextfm: `mf-nowin -progname=mf \mode:=ljfour; mag:=1; nonstopmode; input GFSPorson' failed to make GFSPorson.tfm. kpathsea: Appending font creation commands to missfont.log. ! Font \*greek12ptrmtfrm*:=GFSPorson at 12.0pt not loadable: Metric (TFM) file not found. And: ? kpathsea: Running mktextfm GFSPorson /usr/share/texmf/web2c/mktexnam: Could not map source abbreviation G for GFSPorson. /usr/share/texmf/web2c/mktexnam: Need to update /usr/share/texmf/fonts/map/fontname/special.map? mktextfm: Running mf-nowin -progname=mf \mode:=ljfour; mag:=1; nonstopmode; input GFSPorson This is METAFONT, Version 2.71828 (Web2C 7.5.6) kpathsea: Running mktexmf GFSPorson ! I can't find file `GFSPorson'. <*> ...jfour; mag:=1; nonstopmode; input GFSPorson Please type another input file name ! Emergency stop. <*> ...jfour; mag:=1; nonstopmode; input GFSPorson Thanks Armando