* interim fix for aesc-like macro
@ 2008-05-25  1:34 Charles P. Schaum
From: Charles P. Schaum @ 2008-05-25  1:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

I found an interim fix for the \ae macro in the schemata: put the word
with the macro in an hbox, and the problem goes away. I wonder what the
mechanics behind that are. I tend to have weird documents with dead
languages. Who knows, maybe I want to cite Aelfric using Old English
letters or Sir Gawain or whatever Middle High German with a yogh or
similar glyph. Come to think of it, Gothic would be cool, too. So,
figuring out the mechanics would be helpful.

Thanks,

Charles

* Re: interim fix for aesc-like macro
@ 2008-05-25  7:58 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2008-05-25  7:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On Sat, 24 May 2008 20:34:37 -0500
"Charles P. Schaum" <verbo.solo@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> I found an interim fix for the \ae macro in the schemata: put the word
> with the macro in an hbox, and the problem goes away. I wonder what the
> mechanics behind that are. I tend to have weird documents with dead
> languages. Who knows, maybe I want to cite Aelfric using Old English
> letters or Sir Gawain or whatever Middle High German with a yogh or
> similar glyph. Come to think of it, Gothic would be cool, too. So,
> figuring out the mechanics would be helpful.

You could use the texnansi encoding for the fonts, this did also work
for \ae in math mode, for the latin modern fonts put
\usetypescript[modern][texnansi]
\setupbodyfont[modern]
at the begin of your file.

It seems with ec encoding default is used in math mode and \ae is
mapped here to \char26 where the fonts have the dotless j.

> Thanks,
> Charles

Greetings
Wolfgang