On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 09:34:40AM +0200, Hans Hagen wrote: > Idris Samawi Hamid wrote: > > On Thu, 19 Jun 2008 18:23:05 -0600, Khaled Hosny > > wrote: > > > >> Arabic index entries are all listed under "unknown" instead of its > >> respective Arabic letters. I'm not sure if this is a bug or a > >> misconfiguration from my side. See the attached example. > > > > We need to include arabic-farsi-urdu etc. databases in the distro. If Hans > > can tell us what file to emulate/edit etc.... > > first we need to discuss the logic ... say that we have a sequence of > chars ... do we need to erase the vowels? etc Erase vowels as in not counting them? Then yes we should only respect full letters. We might need also need to strip the Arabic definite article "ال", but this will be tricky since there are words that start with it. May be we better have syntax like \index[a]{entry} where this entry will be under "a", or we already have this? Regards, Khaled -- Khaled Hosny Arabic localizer and member of Arabeyes.org team