On Sat, Jun 21, 2008 at 07:38:25PM -0600, Idris Samawi Hamid wrote: > On Sat, 21 Jun 2008 14:02:24 -0600, Khaled Hosny > wrote: > > >> Well, since we're not using it for long-term historical ranges -- and > >> we'll need to be able to advance/reverse it a couple of days no matter > >> the > >> algorithm, then I say let's go with whatever is easiest for hans to read > >> ;-) > > > > I think Umm al-Qura algorithm is more tested and is the one officially > > used in Saudi Arabia, but I can't find any technical details about it, > > though Arabeyes's ITL implements it > > How did you implement it without the technical details? I guess I'm not > quite understanding... > > Can you find it and pass it alon? > The person who wrote that code supposedly had access to such technical details, but I can't reach him or find such details. Will try searching for it again. > > and is giving me correct results so > > far (unlike the Hijra algorithm). EMACS one seems to be widely used too, > > but its ITL implementation gives me incorrect dates some times > > How incorrect? One day less than the actual date i.e. it says today is 17/ 6/1429 while it is, and Umm al-Qura correctly says, 18/ 6/1429. Regards, Khaled -- Khaled Hosny Arabic localizer and member of Arabeyes.org team