On Sun, Jun 22, 2008 at 07:41:33AM -0600, Idris Samawi Hamid wrote: > On Sun, 22 Jun 2008 01:12:38 -0600, Khaled Hosny > wrote: > > > I can't get Unicode (Arabic) PDF bookmarks or headers (see the attached > > file), even after including "\input spec-tst" after the wiki page > > http://wiki.contextgarden.net/PDF_Bookmarks_and_Headers > > But I get miss-encoded text instead, am I missing some thing? > > You are right, the bookmark text is misencoded, even though I am only > getting ASCII representation here (Acrobat 8) > > Does Acrobat fully support unicode Arabic -- do you have the ME version? I wasn't testing it with Acrobat but with Evince, I've other PDF files with Arabic bookmarks and is displayed correctly. I can even make PDFs with correct Arabic bookmarks using LaTeX and hyperref package. Regards, Khaled -- Khaled Hosny Arabic localizer and member of Arabeyes.org team