* Figures and Captions
       [not found] <mailman.1.1217066402.5647.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2008-07-30 13:39 ` Ernesto Schirmacher
From: Ernesto Schirmacher @ 2008-07-30 13:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Dear ConTeXt experts,

I would like to achieve the following effect when placing figures and tables:

***Start example***

FIGURE 1.2  Effect of Monotone Transformations

(a pdf-file containing the graphic goes here)

Caption text at the bottom of the figure

***Stop example***

Currently I'm using the following code (that puts the figure title and caption together)

\placeFIGURE
[here][fig:sml]
{\figTitle{Effect of monotone transformations.} The left-hand panel
shows $20$ points $(x_i,y_i)$ sampled at random from a bivariate
standard normal
distribution. The points on the right-hand panel are given by the
monotone transformation
$(x_i,y_i) \mapsto (\exp(x_i), \exp(2 y_i))$.}
{\startcombination[2*1]
{\externalfigure[sml1a-id-sca][width=0.4\textwidth]}{}
{\externalfigure[sml1a-tr-sca][width=0.4\textwidth]}{}
\stopcombination}

Any suggestions on how to set up figure titles at the top of the figure and caption text at the bottom of the figure?

Thank you very much for any suggestions,

Ernesto

* Equation numbers inside Theorem statements
       [not found] <mailman.1.1217066402.5647.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2008-07-30 13:48 ` Ernesto Schirmacher
From: Ernesto Schirmacher @ 2008-07-30 13:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Dear ConTeXt experts,

I have another question regarding Theorems and equation
numbers.

I defined an enumeration that produces theorem statements
in slanted style.

Whenever I have an equation inside the theorem statement the
equation number is also typeset in slanted style.  But I would like
the equation number to come out in normal style.

Any suggestions on how I can achieve this effect?

Thanks in advance,

Ernesto

***Start example***
\defineenumeration
[THM]
[location=serried,
text=Theorem,
right=.]
\setupenumerations
[THM]
[headstyle=bold,
width=,
distance=8pt]
\setupenumerations
[THM]
[style=slanted]

\starttext

Here comes the first theorem:

\startTHM
Let $F$ be an $n$-dimensional distribution function with marginal
functions $F_1, F_2, \ldots, F_n$. Then there exists an
$n$-dimensional copula $C$ such that for all $(x_1, \ldots, x_n) \in
\Bbb{R}^n$,
\placeformula[eq:copula-representation]
\startformula
F(x_1, \ldots, x_n) = C(F_1(x_1), \ldots, F_n(x_n)).
\stopformula
If the functions $F_1, \ldots, F_n$ are all continuous, then $C$ is
unique; otherwise, $C$ is uniquely determined on $\Ran F_1 \times
\cdots \times \Ran F_n$.
\stopTHM

\stoptext
***Stop example***

* Re: Figures and Captions
@ 2008-07-30 13:49   ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2008-07-30 13:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 3:39 PM, Ernesto Schirmacher
<ernesto_schirmacher@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Dear ConTeXt experts,
>
> I would like to achieve the following effect when placing figures and
> tables:
>
> ***Start example***
>
> FIGURE 1.2  Effect of Monotone Transformations
>
> (a pdf-file containing the graphic goes here)
>
> Caption text at the bottom of the figure
>
> ***Stop example***
>
> Currently I'm using the following code (that puts the figure title and
> caption together)
>
> \placeFIGURE
> [here][fig:sml]
> {\figTitle{Effect of monotone transformations.} The left-hand panel
> shows $20$ points $(x_i,y_i)$ sampled at random from a bivariate
> standard normal
> distribution. The points on the right-hand panel are given by the
> monotone transformation
> $(x_i,y_i) \mapsto (\exp(x_i), \exp(2 y_i))$.}
> {\startcombination[2*1]
> {\externalfigure[sml1a-id-sca][width=0.4\textwidth]}{}
> {\externalfigure[sml1a-tr-sca][width=0.4\textwidth]}{}
> \stopcombination}
>
> Any suggestions on how to set up figure titles at the top of the figure and
> caption text at the bottom of the figure?
>
> Thank you very much for any suggestions,

\setupcaption[figure][location=top]
\starttext
\placefigure
  {Example figure}
  {\placelegend
     {\blackrule[width=4cm,height=4cm]}
     {further explanations to the figure}}
\stoptext

Regards,
Wolfgang

* Re: Equation numbers inside Theorem statements
@ 2008-07-30 14:06   ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2008-07-30 14:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 3:48 PM, Ernesto Schirmacher
<ernesto_schirmacher@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Dear ConTeXt experts,
>
> I have another question regarding Theorems and equation
> numbers.
>
> I defined an enumeration that produces theorem statements
> in slanted style.
>
> Whenever I have an equation inside the theorem statement the
> equation number is also typeset in slanted style.  But I would like
> the equation number to come out in normal style.
>
> Any suggestions on how I can achieve this effect?

\setupformulas[numberstyle={\rm\tf}]

@ 2008-07-30 15:19     ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2008-07-30 15:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Quoting Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang@googlemail.com>:

> On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 3:48 PM, Ernesto Schirmacher
> <ernesto_schirmacher@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> Dear ConTeXt experts,
>>
>> I have another question regarding Theorems and equation
>> numbers.
>>
>> I defined an enumeration that produces theorem statements
>> in slanted style.
>>
>> Whenever I have an equation inside the theorem statement the
>> equation number is also typeset in slanted style.  But I would like
>> the equation number to come out in normal style.
>>
>> Any suggestions on how I can achieve this effect?
>
> \setupformulas[numberstyle={\rm\tf}]
or

\setupformulas[numberstyle=normal]

Aditya