On Fri, Aug 01, 2008 at 11:04:01AM +0200, Hans Hagen wrote: > Khaled Hosny wrote: > > Font features doesn't seem to work with fallback fonts (or I didn't get > > it right). > > > > See the attached file (has some comments) > > keep in mind that this is still somewhat experimental and that i might > add a bit more control over things I see. > % This doesn't use the fallback featue, so is OK > \definefont[ArabType][Arabtype*fea] > > you need to keep in mind that the *featureset specification is notr > always interpreted, so you need to specify the feature with the > (symbolic) font name: > > \definefontfallback [ara] [Arabtype*fea] [arabic] [force=yes] > \definefontsynonym[Arabicserif][Serif][fallbacks=ara] Aha, I should somehow expected that (given all the combinations I tried). > we might deal withthe following later but currently it is not supported > > % This doesn't render Arabic too > \definefont[ArabicFea][Arabicserif*fea] > > (one aspect of fallbacks is that each 'subfont' can have its own > features so inheriting from the parent font is not a good idea) Right, it might not be desired at all. Thanks, Khaled -- Khaled Hosny Arabic localizer and member of Arabeyes.org team