* Re: Thank you for the Chinese support, but still one question.
       [not found] <68bfdc900808072340v4462a9f8y22060e0e7516fd13@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2008-08-08  9:55 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2008-08-08  9:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Yue Wang wrote:
> Hi, Hans:
>
> Today I am trying to compile my new book chapter on aerosol science
> using MKIV. It works great! Thank you.
> Most commands are successful (rm, ss, mono)  after I define a
> typescript for the Chinese font.
> commands like \bfa also works.
> However, basic TeX commands like \bf, \it, don't work.
> I attach a minimal example in the mail.
> Is there anything wrong in the document? Thank you.

there was a bug as well as the fact that your definition is wrong

% engine=luatex

\ctxlua{fonts.collections.trace = true}

\definefontfeature[zh][mode=node,script=hang,lang=zhs]

\starttypescript [serif] [zhfont]
     \definefontsynonym [zhserif]          [AdobeSongStd-Light]
[features=zh]
     \definefontsynonym [zhserifbold]      [AdobeHeitiStd-Regular]
[features=zh]
     \definefontfallback[serifwhatever]    [lmroman10-regular]
[0x0000-0x0400] [force=yes]
     \definefontfallback[serifboldwhatever][lmroman10-bold]
[0x0000-0x0400] [force=yes]
\stoptypescript

\starttypescript [serif] [zhfont] [name]
     \definefontsynonym[Serif]    [zhserif]    [fallbacks=serifwhatever]
     \definefontsynonym[SerifBold][zhserifbold][fallbacks=serifboldwhatever]
\stoptypescript

\starttypescript[myfont]
     \definetypeface[myfont][rm][serif][zhfont]
\stoptypescript

\usetypescript[myfont]
\setupbodyfont[myfont, rm, 12pt]

\starttext
     A 字体测试。 {\bf A 字体测试。{\tfx A 字体测试。 \bfx A 字体测试。} }
\stoptext

works with the beta (i uploaded a new version)

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Thank you for the Chinese support, but still one question.
@ 2008-08-11  5:13   ` Longmin Wang
                       ` (2 more replies)
From: Longmin Wang @ 2008-08-11  5:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On Fri, Aug 08, 2008 at 11:55:21AM +0200, Hans Hagen wrote:
>there was a bug as well as the fact that your definition is wrong
>
>% engine=luatex
>
>\ctxlua{fonts.collections.trace = true}
>
>\definefontfeature[zh][mode=node,script=hang,lang=zhs]
>
>\starttypescript [serif] [zhfont]
>     \definefontsynonym [zhserif]          [AdobeSongStd-Light]
>[features=zh]
>     \definefontsynonym [zhserifbold]      [AdobeHeitiStd-Regular]
>[features=zh]
>     \definefontfallback[serifwhatever]    [lmroman10-regular]
>[0x0000-0x0400] [force=yes]
>     \definefontfallback[serifboldwhatever][lmroman10-bold]
>[0x0000-0x0400] [force=yes]
>\stoptypescript
>
>\starttypescript [serif] [zhfont] [name]
>     \definefontsynonym[Serif]    [zhserif]    [fallbacks=serifwhatever]
>     \definefontsynonym[SerifBold][zhserifbold][fallbacks=serifboldwhatever]
>\stoptypescript
>
>\starttypescript[myfont]
>     \definetypeface[myfont][rm][serif][zhfont]
>\stoptypescript
>
>\usetypescript[myfont]
>\setupbodyfont[myfont, rm, 12pt]
>
>\starttext
>     A 字体测试。 {\bf A 字体测试。{\tfx A 字体测试。 \bfx A 字体测试。} }
>\stoptext
>
>works with the beta (i uploaded a new version)
>
>Hans

Hi, Hans, Thank you for the great works. But there is still a problem when
I test a more complicated file which is attached below. In this file,
both \bf and \bi give the same font lmroman10-bold.

I guess the reason is that I use the same Chinese font
AdobeHeitiStd-Regular for both SerifBold and SerifBoldItalic. But this
cannot be avoided since Chinese fonts have much fewer typefaces than
English fonts.

Would you give some suggestions to solve this problem? Thanks a lot.

Longmin Wang

The test file:
--------------------------------------
% engine=luatex
\ctxlua{fonts.collections.trace = true}
\definefontfeature[zh][mode=node,script=hang,lang=zhs]

\starttypescript [serif] [zhfont]
    \definefontsynonym [zhserif][AdobeSongStd-Light][features=zh]
    \definefontsynonym [zhserifbold][AdobeHeitiStd-Regular][features=zh]
    \definefontsynonym [zhserifitalic][AdobeKaitiStd-Regular][features=zh]
    \definefontsynonym [zhserifbolditalic][AdobeHeitiStd-Regular][features=zh]

    \definefontfallback[serifwhatever][lmroman10-regular][0x0000-0x0400][force=yes]
    \definefontfallback[serifboldwhatever][lmroman10-bold][0x0000-0x0400][force=yes]
    \definefontfallback[serifitalicwhatever][lmroman10-italic][0x0000-0x0400][force=yes]
    \definefontfallback[serifbolditalicwhatever][lmroman10-bolditalic][0x0000-0x0400][force=yes]
\stoptypescript

\starttypescript [serif][zhfont][name]
    \definefontsynonym[Serif][zhserif][fallbacks=serifwhatever]
    \definefontsynonym[SerifBold][zhserifbold][fallbacks=serifboldwhatever]
    \definefontsynonym[SerifItalic][zhserifitalic][fallbacks=serifitalicwhatever]
    \definefontsynonym[SerifBoldItalic][zhserifbolditalic][fallbacks=serifbolditalicwhatever]
\stoptypescript

\starttypescript[myfont]
    \definetypeface[myfont][rm][serif][zhfont]
\stoptypescript

\usetypescript[myfont]
\setupbodyfont[myfont, rm, 12pt]

\starttext

fonts {\bf fonts} {\bi fonts} {\it fonts}

\stoptext
--
Longmin Wang <longminwang@gmail.com>
Math. Dept., Nankai Univ., China

* Re: Thank you for the Chinese support, but still one question.
@ 2008-08-11  9:07     ` Hans Hagen
       [not found]     ` <68bfdc900810240612k739c36cev74883f48b209e541@mail.gmail.com>
From: Hans Hagen @ 2008-08-11  9:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Longmin Wang wrote:

> Hi, Hans, Thank you for the great works. But there is still a problem when
> I test a more complicated file which is attached below. In this file,
> both \bf and \bi give the same font lmroman10-bold.
>
> I guess the reason is that I use the same Chinese font
> AdobeHeitiStd-Regular for both SerifBold and SerifBoldItalic. But this

indeed, the name+featureset+size is unique, but fallbacks are not part
of that hash

> cannot be avoided since Chinese fonts have much fewer typefaces than
> English fonts.
>
> Would you give some suggestions to solve this problem? Thanks a lot.

i'll have a look at it, but it involves some changes in the lua code
dealing with font definitions (unique hashes and such)

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2008-08-11 10:17     ` Hans Hagen
       [not found]     ` <68bfdc900810240612k739c36cev74883f48b209e541@mail.gmail.com>
From: Hans Hagen @ 2008-08-11 10:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Longmin Wang wrote:

> Hi, Hans, Thank you for the great works. But there is still a problem when
> I test a more complicated file which is attached below. In this file,
> both \bf and \bi give the same font lmroman10-bold.

experimental patch in beta

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2008-08-11 13:55       ` Longmin Wang
From: Longmin Wang @ 2008-08-11 13:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 12:17:15PM +0200, Hans Hagen wrote:
>Longmin Wang wrote:
>
>> Hi, Hans, Thank you for the great works. But there is still a problem when
>> I test a more complicated file which is attached below. In this file,
>> both \bf and \bi give the same font lmroman10-bold.
>
>experimental patch in beta

Now it works fine. Thank you.

--
Longmin Wang <longminwang@gmail.com>
Math. Dept., Nankai Univ., China
http://math.nankai.edu.cn/~wanglm/
GnuPG-Key ID: 1024D/2A5CFA5C
Fingerprint: 8587 1246 3AAD C185 D419  ADF1 B620 D8B8 2A5C FA5C

* Re: Fwd:  Thank you for the Chinese support, but still one question.
       [not found]     ` <68bfdc900810240612k739c36cev74883f48b209e541@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2008-10-30  7:58       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2008-10-30  7:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Hi, Hans, Thank you for the great works. But there is still a problem when
> I test a more complicated file which is attached below. In this file,
> both \bf and \bi give the same font lmroman10-bold.
>
> I guess the reason is that I use the same Chinese font
> AdobeHeitiStd-Regular for both SerifBold and SerifBoldItalic. But this
> cannot be avoided since Chinese fonts have much fewer typefaces than
> English fonts.
>
> Would you give some suggestions to solve this problem? Thanks a lot.
>
> Longmin Wang

i uploaded a beta

for some reason the fallbacks were not part of the hash that i use to
keep track of uniqueness of definitions

it seems to work ok now in the beta

this might also solve some of Thomas's problems

there will probably be a new current later today

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2008-10-30  9:41         ` Yanrui Li
From: Yanrui Li @ 2008-10-30  9:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

2008/10/30 Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl>:

> i uploaded a beta
>
> for some reason the fallbacks were not part of the hash that i use to
> keep track of uniqueness of definitions
>
> it seems to work ok now in the beta
>
> this might also solve some of Thomas's problems
>
> there will probably be a new current later today
>
> Hans

 It runs fine. Thanks for the update very much.

--
Best wishes,
Li Yanrui

* Re: Thank you for the Chinese support, but still one question.
@ 2008-10-24 16:09           ` Yue Wang
From: Yue Wang @ 2008-10-24 16:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

I think this is a problem concerning the improper variables in the font:(
The em space should not get from the chinese fonts, but directly from
the font size the user invoked (for example, for 30pt font 1em=30pt ).

@ 2008-10-24 13:43         ` Yanrui Li
From: Yanrui Li @ 2008-10-24 13:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2008-10-24 13:19       ` Yue Wang
From: Yue Wang @ 2008-10-24 13:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2008-10-24 13:14     ` Yue Wang
From: Yue Wang @ 2008-10-24 13:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2008-10-24 13:02   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2008-10-24 13:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Yue Wang wrote:
> Hi, Hans
>
> On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 11:21 AM, Yanrui Li <liyanrui.m2@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> experimental patch in beta
>>>
>> Hi, Hans,
>>
>> Now, a problem like it  appeared again. Can the experimental patch still work?
>>

> I can confirm that the problem is still there.

more detail needed, what problem, what test file

(we don't keep an everlasting stack of problems)

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2008-10-24 12:02 ` Yue Wang
From: Yue Wang @ 2008-10-24 12:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi, Hans

On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 11:21 AM, Yanrui Li <liyanrui.m2@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 12:17:15PM +0200, Hans Hagen wrote:
>>Longmin Wang wrote:
>>
>>> Hi, Hans, Thank you for the great works. But there is still a problem when
>>> I test a more complicated file which is attached below. In this file,
>>> both \bf and \bi give the same font lmroman10-bold.
>>
>>experimental patch in beta
>>

> Hi, Hans,
>
> Now, a problem like it  appeared again. Can the experimental patch still work?

I can confirm that the problem is still there.

> Best wishes,
> Li Yanrui
> _

Yue Wang

* Re: Thank you for the Chinese support, but still one question.
@ 2008-10-14  3:21 Yanrui Li
From: Yanrui Li @ 2008-10-14  3:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context