On Sat, Aug 23, 2008 at 12:46:47AM +0300, Khaled Hosny wrote: > > It seems that there is a bug in converters.alphabetic function, > converters.alphabetic(0,"arabic") returns the western 0 (no matter what > is the selected language) while converters.alphabetic(1,"arabic") gives > the Arabic 0 not 1 and so one i.e. it looks like as if it starts > counting from zero. I finally got myself to understand some lua code. I think the problem is that lua tables start counting from 1 not 0, getting the value of key 0 from code table will give nil while 1 will give the value of 0 (first key), so the solution would be incrementing n by 1 in: local function do_alphabetic(n,max,chr) n = n + 1 -- to get the correct key if n > max then do_alphabetic(floor((n-1)/max),max,chr) n = (n-1)%max+1 end characters.flush(chr(n)) end This does work for the case of Arabic, but I don't know about others (especially greek and slovenian which look different) Now, I think I discovered another bug (or feature?), the function will ignore any zeros at the left which isn't what one expects. -- Khaled Hosny Arabic localizer and member of Arabeyes.org team