* humble request: Minimals for linux ppc
@ 2008-09-21 20:18 Piotr Kopszak
From: Piotr Kopszak @ 2008-09-21 20:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Any chance for that in the near future?

Otherwise, be warned :) I will
probably flood the list with questions  how to make texlive debian-lenny-ppc
installation work with mkIV (Sadly new xml mkIV commands don't work on
ppc, although  they do on my other x86_64 linux box).

Piotr

--

   Piotr Kopszak, Ph.D.
   Polish Art Gallery, National Museum in Warsaw

* Re: humble request: Minimals for linux ppc
@ 2008-09-21 21:43 ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2008-09-21 21:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, Sep 21, 2008 at 10:18 PM, Piotr Kopszak wrote:
> Any chance for that in the near future?

Any chance that you provide the binaries (and that you do that on a
more or less regular basis; or let's say once per month)?

svn co http://svn.contextgarden.net/minimals-src/build-binaries

Change the first few lines in both scripts, so that your platform will
resolve to linux-ppc (if you have problems with that, feel free to ask
for help).

case "$system" in
  # linux
  Linux)
    case "$cpu" in
      i*86) platform="linux" ;;
      x86_64|ia64) platform="linux-64" ;;
      *) platform="unknown" ;;
    esac ;;
  # Mac OS X
  Darwin)
    case "$cpu" in
      ppc*|powerpc|power*|Power*) platform="osx-ppc" ;;
      i*86) platform="osx-intel" ;;
      *) platform="unknown" ;;
    esac ;;

Once you build the binaries successfully, we'll add the platform &
give you the rights to commit new versions of binaries.

Mojca

* Re: humble request: Minimals for linux ppc
@ 2008-09-22  8:11   ` Piotr Kopszak
From: Piotr Kopszak @ 2008-09-22  8:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On Sun, Sep 21, 2008 at 11:43:22PM +0200, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 21, 2008 at 10:18 PM, Piotr Kopszak wrote:
> > Any chance for that in the near future?
>
> Any chance that you provide the binaries (and that you do that on a
> more or less regular basis; or let's say once per month)?
>
> svn co http://svn.contextgarden.net/minimals-src/build-binaries

Gladly! I prefer building Minimals myself than trying to figure out what went wrong with my TeX setup :)

P.