* Running Mark IV / luatex: unknown script: context
@ 2008-10-12 20:55 Mildred Ki'Lya
From: Mildred Ki'Lya @ 2008-10-12 20:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi,

Hello everybody, I'm new here. I just subscribed because I'm trying to
use LuaTeX / ConTeX Mark IV and i have some problems with it. I'm
running TeXlive 2008 installed from ArchLinux and I can't run 'context'
from the command line.

I'm following the instructions on the page
http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Running_Mark_IV

It says to first run 'context --make cont-en', and when I do that, I
get:

MtxRun | error unable to identify cnf file
MtxRun | error unable to identify cnf file
MtxRun | no cnf files found (TEXMFCNF may not be set/known)
MtxRun | unknown script: context

After I figured out on the Internet how to set the environment variable
TEXMFCNF (I set it to '/usr/share/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf'), I only get:

MtxRun | unknown script: context

It seems mtxrun can't find the script mtx-context.lua. I lookad on the
Internet, but haven't found any useful information, but I noticed that
there was an environment variable I could set to make mtxrun more
verbose:

MTX_INPUT_TRACE=3 context --make cont-en                     ~

MtxRun | ! using suffix based filetype: lua
MtxRun | ? blobpath asked: context.lua
MtxRun | ? filename: context.lua
MtxRun | - readable: ./context.lua
MtxRun | ! using suffix based filetype: lua
MtxRun | ? blobpath asked: mtx-context.lua
MtxRun | ? filename: mtx-context.lua
MtxRun | - readable: ./mtx-context.lua
MtxRun | ! using suffix based filetype: lua
MtxRun | ? blobpath asked: mtx-contexts.lua
MtxRun | ? filename: mtx-contexts.lua
MtxRun | - readable: ./mtx-contexts.lua
MtxRun | ! remembered: mtx-context.lua
MtxRun | unknown script: context

Obviously, the mtx-context.lua file is searched in the current
directory, which is my homedir. The file is in fact located at:
'/usr/share/texmf-dist/scripts/context/lua/mtx-context.lua'

So I cd to that path, and un context again, I get:

MTX_INPUT_TRACE=3 context --make cont-en

MtxRun | ! using suffix based filetype: lua
MtxRun | ? blobpath asked: context.lua
MtxRun | ? filename: context.lua
MtxRun | - readable: ./context.lua
MtxRun | ! using suffix based filetype: lua
MtxRun | ? blobpath asked: mtx-context.lua
MtxRun | ? filename: mtx-context.lua
MtxRun | + readable: ./mtx-context.lua
MtxRun | = found by scanning: ./mtx-context.lua

LuaTools | ! using suffix based filetype: tex
LuaTools | ? filename: cont-en.tex
LuaTools | ? filetype: tex
LuaTools | ? wanted files: cont-en.tex
LuaTools | - readable: cont-en.tex
LuaTools | ? blobpath asked: cont-en.tex
LuaTools | no tex file with name cont-en.tex
LuaTools |
LuaTools | runtime: 0.019 seconds
MtxRun | running command: luatools --make --compile cont-en
MtxRun | total runtime: 0.047

Well, it seems cont-en.tex cannot be found either. It is located
at '/usr/share/texmf-dist/tex/context/base/cont-en.tex'.

How could I fix my paths?

Except for TEXMFCNF, there is No TEX* environment variable defined:

env | grep TEX
TEXMFCNF=/usr/share/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf

Thanks for any help.

Mildred

--
Mildred Ki'Lya