* Enumeration after section heading in margin
@ 2008-10-10  7:41 Alexandros Frantzis
From: Alexandros Frantzis @ 2008-10-10  7:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello,
I am trying to use ConTeXt to create my CV. I have succesfully placed the
subject headings in the margin by using:

\setuphead
   [subject]
   [alternative=text,distance=0pt,command=\MyHead]

\def\MyHead#1#2{\inmargin{#1 #2}}

When the text that follows the heading is a simple paragraph everything
works as expected:

Subject Text Text...
        Text Text...

However when the first thing after the heading is an enumeration (or a
table, for that matter) the enumeration is not aligned with the heading
(it's lower than the heading):

Subject
        * Item1
        * Item2

I have tried to remove whitespace around the enumeration with the
'nowhite,joinedup' options but it is still not aligned.

Is there a way to align the enumeration (and other non-inline objects)
with the heading?

Thanks,
Alexandros

* Re: Enumeration after section heading in margin
@ 2008-10-13 14:23 ` Alexandros Frantzis
From: Alexandros Frantzis @ 2008-10-13 14:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 10:41:30AM +0300, Alexandros Frantzis wrote:
> Hello,
> I am trying to use ConTeXt to create my CV. I have succesfully placed the
> subject headings in the margin by using:
>
> \setuphead
>    [subject]
>    [alternative=text,distance=0pt,command=\MyHead]
>
> \def\MyHead#1#2{\inmargin{#1 #2}}
>
> When the text that follows the heading is a simple paragraph everything
> works as expected:
>
> Subject Text Text...
>         Text Text...
>
> However when the first thing after the heading is an enumeration (or a
> table, for that matter) the enumeration is not aligned with the heading
> (it's lower than the heading):
>
> Subject
>         * Item1
>         * Item2
>

> I have tried to remove whitespace around the enumeration with the
> 'nowhite,joinedup' options but it is still not aligned.
>
> Is there a way to align the enumeration (and other non-inline objects)
> with the heading?

Any thoughts on this? I have tried examining the source to find why the
extra vertical space exists and how I can suppress it but I am still stuck...

A minimal example that shows the issue is:

------------START CODE-----------------
\def\mysubject#1#2{\inmargin{#1#2}}
\setuphead[subject][alternative=text,
    after=,
    command=\mysubject,
    distance=0pt,
    textstyle=\ss]

\starttext

\subject{Subject1}

This is the text of subject1.
This is the text of subject1.
This is the text of subject1.
This is the text of subject1.
This is the text of subject1.
This is the text of subject1.
This is the text of subject1.

\subject{Subject2}

\startitemize[packed,nowhite,joinedup]
\item First item
\item Second item
\item Third item
\stopitemize

\stoptext

* Re: Enumeration after section heading in margin
@ 2008-10-13 14:29 ` Alexandros Frantzis
From: Alexandros Frantzis @ 2008-10-13 14:29 UTC (permalink / raw)