* luatex fails
@ 2008-10-15 10:07 Hans van der Meer
From: Hans van der Meer @ 2008-10-15 10:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: NTG ConTeXt

I did a complete reinstall for texlive2008 (just out of the box
installation) including fresh generation of context and luatex. Of
course doing luatools --generate etc.
Now luatex doesn't work anymmore. Why? TeXShop log window shows:

TeXExec | processing document 'contexttest.tex'
TeXExec | no ctx file found
TeXExec | tex processing method: context
TeXExec | TeX run 1
TeXExec | writing option file contexttest.top
TeXExec | using randomseed 84
TeXExec | tex engine: luatex
TeXExec | tex format: cont-en
LuaTools | using format name: /var/folders/+T/+ThqZosGGzOznrLsOw-fz+++
+TM/-Tmp-/luatex-cache/context/formats/cont-en.fmt
LuaTools | no luc/lua with name: /var/folders/+T/+ThqZosGGzOznrLsOw-fz+
+++TM/-Tmp-/luatex-cache/context/formats/cont-en
LuaTools |
LuaTools | runtime: 0.188 seconds

TeXUtil | unable to locate contexttest.tui
TeXUtil | shortcuts : 0
TeXUtil | expansions: 0
TeXUtil | reductions: 0
TeXUtil | divisions : 0
TeXUtil | loaded files: 0
TeXUtil | temporary files: 0
TeXUtil | commands: 0
TeXUtil | programs: 0
TeXUtil | tuo file saved
TeXExec | runtime: 3.667568

Hans van der Meer

* Re: luatex fails
@ 2008-10-15 10:27 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2008-10-15 10:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans van der Meer wrote:
> I did a complete reinstall for texlive2008 (just out of the box
> installation) including fresh generation of context and luatex. Of
> course doing luatools --generate etc.
> Now luatex doesn't work anymmore. Why? TeXShop log window shows:

> TeXExec | tex format: cont-en
> LuaTools | using format name: /var/folders/+T/+ThqZosGGzOznrLsOw-fz+++
> +TM/-Tmp-/luatex-cache/context/formats/cont-en.fmt
> LuaTools | no luc/lua with name: /var/folders/+T/+ThqZosGGzOznrLsOw-fz+
> +++TM/-Tmp-/luatex-cache/context/formats/cont-en

(interesting tmp path, btw)

It looks like you have no format file (or just no cont-en.lu[ac]). It
seems something went wrong earlier, in the format regeneration.

Best wishes,Taco

* Re: luatex fails
@ 2008-10-16 18:50   ` Arthur Reutenauer
From: Arthur Reutenauer @ 2008-10-16 18:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

>> LuaTools | no luc/lua with name: /var/folders/+T/+ThqZosGGzOznrLsOw-fz+
>> +++TM/-Tmp-/luatex-cache/context/formats/cont-en
>
> (interesting tmp path, btw)

  That's the standard appearance of TMPDIR on Mac OS X.  We had
hundred-message long discussions about this on dev-context, Taco! :-)

	Arthur