* Embedded fonts question
@ 2008-10-25 17:12 David Wooten
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: David Wooten @ 2008-10-25 17:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Greetings all,

A sad story: My context-typeset dissertation was printed/distributed
by a POD publisher with aweful typographical errors (like all commas
in the main font being replaced by an ff ligature). Obviously the
printer didn't check their results. The file reads fine both for me
and the publisher, but the printer let us know that the file is
unprintable due to problems with fonts not being embedded (why they
originally printed an "unprintable" file I'll never know).

Now as far as I can tell, fonts are embedded. It was made with context
MKII, using hz and hanging punctuation, etc. When I look at the
document in Adobe Acrobat, and check the document/font details, it
gives a list of embedded fonts only.

I'm not certain that the printer is in the right, but how can I tell?
Is it possible that the pdf was altered when transferred from me to
the publisher then to the printer? That compression of the pdf (zip)
had any impact? Any other possibilities? What do you need to know to
offer advice? ---I can send the file or a part of it if it is needed.

Best,
David