On Tue, Feb 03, 2009 at 11:19:54PM +0100, Hans Hagen wrote: > Khaled Hosny wrote: >> I came across an OpenType font with TrueType outline that had an .otf >> extension, attempting to use it gave me this error: >> >> !luaTeX error (file /home/khaled/.fonts/UthmanTN1_Ver06.otf): can't find >> table `CFF ' >> ==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced! >> >> Reading OpenType specification, I see that it allows this: >> >> * In all cases, fonts with only CFF data (no TrueType outlines) >> always have an .OTF extension. >> * Fonts containing TrueType outlines may have either .OTF or .TTF, >> depending on the desire for backward compatibility on older >> systems or with previous versions of the font. TrueType Collection >> fonts should have a .TTC extension whether or not the fonts have >> OpenType layout tables present. >> >> >> I'm not sure if this is a LuaTeX of ConTeXt issue, but my guess is that >> a ConTeXt issue, thus reported here. > > it's not a context message; does renaming the font work ok? Yes, it seems to be all about the extension, I tried renaming some fonts from .ttf to .otf and got the same error. Regards, Khaled -- Khaled Hosny Arabic localizer and member of Arabeyes.org team