On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 11:07:08PM +0100, Hans Hagen wrote: > Khaled Hosny wrote: > >> I think we can make default features per script (HarfBuzz seems to do >> that). >> >>> if it was trivial i'd already done it -) >> >> I know :) just my two cents. > > how about making a wiki page where we collect fontnames + assumed > default features (+ test if possible); the problem is that fonts > themselves don't have that info > > it's no problem to have a database in mkiv that uses this info so that > at some point we can default to a feature set based on font name I'll try to do that, though I'm pretty sure that the assumed default features will be what Microsoft recommends, but it is worth more investigation. Regards, Khaled -- Khaled Hosny Arabic localizer and member of Arabeyes.org team