On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 03:46:50PM -0700, Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد wrote: > On Fri, 20 Feb 2009 11:39:23 -0700, Khaled Hosny > wrote: > >> Microsoft's OpenType features list page >> (http://www.microsoft.com/typography/otspec/features_ae.htm) gives a "UI >> suggestion" for each feature noting if it should be on by default, > > Hmm, I think this page is more relevant for what you have in mine: > > http://www.microsoft.com/typography/otfntdev/arabicot/features.htm Though it doesn't suggest what should be on/off by default, I think it is a good starting point. From the features listed there, I think only 'dlig' and 'cswh' don't make much sense to be on by default, so I think the predefined 'arabic' font features should be changed to disable 'dlig' and enable 'calt' and 'mset' instead, as I think both are needed for Arabic fonts (especially 'calt' which is heavily used in Nasta'liq fonts). So, I think it should be: \definefontfeature [arabic] [mode=node,language=dflt,script=arab, init=yes,medi=yes,fina=yes,isol=yes, liga=yes,rlig=yes,clig=yes,calt=yes, mark=yes,mkmk=yes,kern=yes,curs=yes, mset=yes] Regards, Khaled -- Khaled Hosny Arabic localizer and member of Arabeyes.org team