On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 02:25:15PM +0200, Khaled Hosny wrote: > > so, it seems to depend on calt but turning on calt by default is *not* > > what the ms spec recommends for arabtype > > > > you see the problem? > > I think is is arabtype's problem if they suggest turning calt off by > default, if I've contextual alternatives in my font this means I think > those alternatives are necessary to render text correctly, otherwise I > would have used a stylistic set. I just checked arabtype font, and I don't see why one would suggest turning 'calt' off by default, it doesn't make any sense to me; many necessesary features (like rising the second tooth in words like بيت) are 'calt' features. Regards, Khaled -- Khaled Hosny Arabic localizer and member of Arabeyes.org team