On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 04:19:13PM -0700, Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد wrote: >> OK, here is an initial version. The glyphs are scaled up since >> Scheherazade is tiny, fixed الله ligature, added لله and فلله ligatures >> as well, fixed the swash kaf and the Sindi meem and a bunch of Quranic >> marks as well: http://www.khaledhosny.org/files/simplenaskhi.zip > > Ok, thnx, Khaled. I looked at it: The الله is infinitely better, but does > not quite match the rest -- the shaddah is way too big for it (or maybe > the الله lig is too short). On closer inspection, I see that this is not > the full الله lig, but a mix of the no-vowel version with the default > shaddah. The actual FDF2 looks better. So there is still some OT work > that needs to be done. > > I also have some poetry macros that might help, need to port them to the > new system... That'd be great! > > Not too bad a font. Like Lotus, it works best at smaller text sizes, not > greater than 12 point. > > The فلله lig should be off by default, there are other Arabic word > combinations that use that combo that have nothing to do with الله. I can't think in any other word on top of my head, but I'm fine with making it a 'dlig' instead, it isn't very common any way. > > Next steps: > > 1. Can I add some fixes to this thing as well or would you like to keep > 100% maintainance? > > 2. I can try to put in some time in the coming weeks to develop this into > a default setup for ConTeXt-mkiv -- per recent discussions -- or I can > leave that to you/Otared and just review the results. Just let me know > how you would like to proceed. Of course you are welcomed, actually I won't have much free time till the end of march, it'd be nice if you can work on it. Regards, Khaled -- Khaled Hosny Arabic localiser and member of Arabeyes.org team Free font developer