Is there a way to typeset a paragraph with background extending only in the margin? I used the following setup, but I don't want the background to extend in the top/bottom (or at least minimize it), any ideas? \setupcolors[state=start] \setupbackground [background=color, backgroundcolor=green, frame=on, backgroundoffset=.5cm]%, %leftoffset=0cm,rightoffset=0cm] \starttext \startbackground \input tufte \stopbackground \input tufte \stoptext Regards, Khaled -- Khaled Hosny Arabic localiser and member of Arabeyes.org team Free font developer