On Thu, Apr 02, 2009 at 07:05:04PM +0200, Wolfgang Schuster wrote: > > Am 02.04.2009 um 18:55 schrieb Khaled Hosny: > >> Is there a way to typeset a paragraph with background extending only >> in >> the margin? >> >> I used the following setup, but I don't want the background to extend >> in >> the top/bottom (or at least minimize it), any ideas? > > Use textbackgrounds. Thanks for he tip. However, I managed to get the desired effect by setting a positive background offset, zero left/right offset, and negative top offset, this worked fine foe background, but the negative part has no effect in textbackground, any ideas? \setupcolors[state=start] \setupbackground [background=color,backgroundcolor=lightgray, leftoffset=0cm,rightoffset=0cm, backgroundoffset=.5cm,topoffset=-.3cm, % the offset works here frame=on] \setuptextbackground [background=color,backgroundcolor=lightgray, leftoffset=0cm,rightoffset=0cm, backgroundoffset=.5cm,topoffset=-.3cm, % but not here frame=on] \starttext \startbackground \input tufte \stopbackground \vfill \starttextbackground \input tufte \stoptextbackground \stoptext Regards, Khaled -- Khaled Hosny Arabic localiser and member of Arabeyes.org team Free font developer