On Fri, Apr 03, 2009 at 02:55:56PM +0200, Hans Hagen wrote: > Khaled Hosny wrote: >> framed, framedtext, TEXpage (and may be others), no longer honor >> directional switches. I'm sure TEXpage at least was OK a month ago. >> >> \pagedir TRT\bodydir TRT\pardir TRT\textdir TRT >> \starttext >> \startTEXpage >> \input tufte >> \stopTEXpage >> \framed{Hello world} >> \startframedtext >> \input tufte >> \stopframedtext >> \startbackground >> \input tufte >> \stopbackground >> \stoptext > > if so then it's a side effect of changesin the engine (changes in rl > handling are dangerous because macro packages are internally lr in many > aspects (like positioning data relative to other data) and patching each > macro for rl is non trivial (due to possible side effects) so first we > need to be sure that the luatex engine is okay I tried to debug thus further, compiling the following document with both plain and context formats, in plain all boxes are TRT (the part of the log after "Completed box being shipped out [1]"), while in context all boxes are TLT except that hbox that contains the text. Though I don't know how much relevant is this or what it does actually mean. \pagedir TRT \bodydir TRT \pardir TRT \textdir TRT \tracingall Hello \hbox{World} \bye Regards, Khaled -- Khaled Hosny Arabic localiser and member of Arabeyes.org team Free font developer