On Fri, Apr 03, 2009 at 11:17:25PM +0200, Hans Hagen wrote: > a better example of the mess we're dealing with: > > \starttext > > \pagedir TRT \bodydir TRT \pardir TRT \textdir TRT \startTEXpage \input > tufte \stopTEXpage > \pagedir TLT \bodydir TRT \pardir TRT \textdir TRT \startTEXpage \input > tufte \stopTEXpage > \pagedir TRT \bodydir TLT \pardir TRT \textdir TRT \startTEXpage \input > tufte \stopTEXpage > \pagedir TLT \bodydir TLT \pardir TRT \textdir TRT \startTEXpage \input > tufte \stopTEXpage > > \stoptext Thanks for the example, I think I got your point. From my understanding, I think text and paragraph direction should be only controlled by \textdir and \pardir respectively, whatever \pagedir or \bodydir are. Indeed, I don't see why \bodydir would influence the text direction inside boxes. Regards, Khaled -- Khaled Hosny Arabic localiser and member of Arabeyes.org team Free font developer