On Sun, Apr 05, 2009 at 11:16:55AM +0200, Hans Hagen wrote: > Khaled Hosny wrote: >> Currently 'font-ota.lua' hard codes the Arabic shaping properties,and it >> doesn't seem to be complete (e.g. the ڤ as in أڤاست is not joined), I >> think such information belong to 'char-def.lua' and should be derived >> from UCD, which provide 'ArabicShaping.txt[1]', covering Arabic, Syriac >> and N'Ko scripts which all need the same shaping as Arabic. > > indeed this info will be moved to char def at some point (same for some > cjk properties) but for the moment this is easier to hack; if you have > patches, just let us know (remider for idris: you also had some, these > symbols showing up in black in tre tracer ..) OK, the attached patch should added all Arabic entries from ArabicShaping.txt, I tested some Arabic, Persian and Urdu samples and all seem to be OK. This also fixes a small bug, 0629 (TEH MARBUTA) were marked as dual joining while is is right joining only. Regards, Khaled -- Khaled Hosny Arabic localiser and member of Arabeyes.org team Free font developer