* identation question
@ 2009-04-08 13:25 frantisek holop
From: frantisek holop @ 2009-04-08 13:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

hi there,

this is a quickie for the gurus:
i would like to get an "inverted" identation,
where the first line is not inverted but all
the others are:

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Pellentesque
	nibh ipsum, consectetur sit amet, pellentesque eget, egestas ac,
	ligula.  Praesent ut sapien vel est pulvinar fringilla. Sed
	bibendum fermentum ante. Proin ipsum. Nulla in risus. Praesent
	nunc elit, laoreet at, viverra at, dapibus vel, purus. Mauris
	quis tellus. Nulla pharetra nulla quis lectus cursus placerat.
	In quis purus. Suspendisse molestie viverra elit. Nam eget
	tortor. Integer convallis erat rhoncus turpis.

thanks,

-f
--
some are wise; others are otherwise....

* Re: identation question
@ 2009-04-08 13:29 ` frantisek holop
From: frantisek holop @ 2009-04-08 13:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

hmm, on Wed, Apr 08, 2009 at 03:25:32PM +0200, frantisek holop said that
> hi there,
>
> this is a quickie for the gurus:
> i would like to get an "inverted" identation,
> where the first line is not inverted but all
			      ^^^^^^^^
indented of course...

-f
--
the cow is a machine which makes grass fit for us people.

* Re: identation question
@ 2009-04-08 14:11 ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2009-04-08 14:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 8 Apr 2009, frantisek holop wrote:

> hi there,
>
> this is a quickie for the gurus:
> i would like to get an "inverted" identation,
> where the first line is not inverted but all
> the others are:
>
> Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Pellentesque
> 	nibh ipsum, consectetur sit amet, pellentesque eget, egestas ac,
> 	ligula.  Praesent ut sapien vel est pulvinar fringilla. Sed
> 	bibendum fermentum ante. Proin ipsum. Nulla in risus. Praesent
> 	nunc elit, laoreet at, viverra at, dapibus vel, purus. Mauris
> 	quis tellus. Nulla pharetra nulla quis lectus cursus placerat.
> 	In quis purus. Suspendisse molestie viverra elit. Nam eget
> 	tortor. Integer convallis erat rhoncus turpis.

There may be better ways to do this, but you can always fake it by
negative indentation.

\setupindenting[-2cm,yes]
\starttext
\input knuth
\stoptext

Aditya

* Re: identation question
@ 2009-04-08 14:55   ` frantisek holop
From: frantisek holop @ 2009-04-08 14:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

hmm, on Wed, Apr 08, 2009 at 10:11:36AM -0400, Aditya Mahajan said that
> There may be better ways to do this, but you can always fake it by
> negative indentation.
>
> \setupindenting[-2cm,yes]
> \starttext
> \input knuth
> \stoptext

the problem is, that this messes with the margin...
the first lines are way out in the margin...

-f
--
engraving is, in brief terms, the art of scratch.

* Re: identation question
@ 2009-04-08 15:12   ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2009-04-08 15:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 08.04.2009 um 16:11 schrieb Aditya Mahajan:

> On Wed, 8 Apr 2009, frantisek holop wrote:
>
>> hi there,
>>
>> this is a quickie for the gurus:
>> i would like to get an "inverted" identation,
>> where the first line is not inverted but all
>> the others are:
>>
>> Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Pellentesque
>> 	nibh ipsum, consectetur sit amet, pellentesque eget, egestas ac,
>> 	ligula.  Praesent ut sapien vel est pulvinar fringilla. Sed
>> 	bibendum fermentum ante. Proin ipsum. Nulla in risus. Praesent
>> 	nunc elit, laoreet at, viverra at, dapibus vel, purus. Mauris
>> 	quis tellus. Nulla pharetra nulla quis lectus cursus placerat.
>> 	In quis purus. Suspendisse molestie viverra elit. Nam eget
>> 	tortor. Integer convallis erat rhoncus turpis.
>
> There may be better ways to do this, but you can always fake it by
> negative indentation.

Tricky, it's possible with \hangindent/after but ...

Wolfgang

* Re: identation question
@ 2009-04-08 15:23     ` frantisek holop
From: frantisek holop @ 2009-04-08 15:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

hmm, on Wed, Apr 08, 2009 at 05:12:26PM +0200, Wolfgang Schuster said that
>> There may be better ways to do this, but you can always fake it by
>> negative indentation.
>
> Tricky, it's possible with \hangindent/after but ...

heh, i must admit i really thought this will be a quickie :]
this is when we get spoiled with all the great features...

i even expected a not so well known parameter for indent that
just does this :]  but i have been wrong before :]

-f
--
to die late is better than never.

* Re: identation question
@ 2009-04-08 15:36       ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2009-04-08 15:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 08.04.2009 um 17:23 schrieb frantisek holop:

> hmm, on Wed, Apr 08, 2009 at 05:12:26PM +0200, Wolfgang Schuster
> said that
>>> There may be better ways to do this, but you can always fake it by
>>> negative indentation.
>>
>> Tricky, it's possible with \hangindent/after but ...
>
> heh, i must admit i really thought this will be a quickie :]
> this is when we get spoiled with all the great features...

\EveryPar{\hangafter=1\hangindent=2em\relax}

\starttext

\subject{Indented text}

\input knuth

\stoptext

I would be careful with such things because it's hard to say if this
will affect other elements in a negative way.

Wolfgang