On Thu, Apr 09, 2009 at 01:55:46PM +0200, Wolfgang Schuster wrote: > > Am 09.04.2009 um 13:00 schrieb Khaled Hosny: > >> On Thu, Apr 09, 2009 at 12:14:28PM +0200, Hans Hagen wrote: >>> Khaled Hosny wrote: >>>> In the attached file, loading the font with \setupbodyfont gives >>>> narrower interline spacing than with font (you have to comment out >>>> the >>>> \setupbodyfont line to see this), I'm not sure if this is normal, >>>> but >>>> the first case gives different interline spaces from line to line. I >>>> tested it with two different fonts. >>> >>> \font does nothing with interlinespace at all >>> >>> \setupbodyfont does set the interlinespace as defined by the bodyfont >>> environment (2.8 ex by default with a 72:28 ht/dp ratio) >> >> OK, however that was a side issue, my real problem is the variable >> interline spacing, see the attached file; the first interline space is >> considerably larger than the others, this seems to be due to the >> diacritics on the second line. Shouldn't the interline space to be >> fixed >> in all lines? > > change the line distance, you could check it with \showgrid. > > a distance of 4ex is enough, \setupinterlinespace[line=4ex] Thanks for the tip, I just had the illusion that this is a new behaviour. Regards, Khaled -- Khaled Hosny Arabic localiser and member of Arabeyes.org team Free font developer