* \startalign broken in the lastest beta?
@ 2009-04-13 12:04 Longmin Wang
From: Longmin Wang @ 2009-04-13 12:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Dear Hans,

Please see the example below, which is not correctly compiled in the
lastest beta.

\starttext
\startformula \startalign
 \NC v \NC = u + at \NR
 \NC h \NC= ut + \frac12 gt^2 \NR
\stopalign \stopformula
\stoptext

--
Longmin Wang <longminwang@gmail.com>
Math. Dept., Nankai Univ., China

* Re: \startalign broken in the lastest beta?
@ 2009-04-13 13:34 ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2009-04-13 13:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 13 Apr 2009, Longmin Wang wrote:

> Dear Hans,
>
> Please see the example below, which is not correctly compiled in the
> lastest beta.
>
> \starttext
> \startformula \startalign
> \NC v \NC = u + at \NR
> \NC h \NC= ut + \frac12 gt^2 \NR
> \stopalign \stopformula
> \stoptext

Confirmed, With MKIV I get

{/opt/experimental/tex/texmf/fonts/map/dvips/lm/lm-rm.map}[1.1
! Attempt to double-free hlist node 2417, ignored.
\actualshipout ... \box \postponedcontent \box 0}}
                                                   \else \message
{[\ifarrang...
\myshipout ... \fi {\thisisrealpage \realfolio #1}
                                                   \gotonextrealpage
\aftersh...
\dofinaloutput ...agebody #1#2\setpagecounters }}}
                                                   \fi \the
\everyaftershipou...
\finaloutput ...EAEAEA \dofinaloutput \fi \fi #1#2
                                                   \resetselectiepagina
\incr...
\sidefloatoutput ...e \else \finalsidefloatoutput
                                                   \global \sidefloatvsize
\n...
<argument> ...\fi \else \the \defaultstreamoutput
                                                   \fi
l.6 \stoptext

Aditya

* Re: \startalign broken in the lastest beta?
@ 2009-04-13 14:21   ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2009-04-13 14:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Aditya Mahajan wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Apr 2009, Longmin Wang wrote:
>
>> Dear Hans,
>>
>> Please see the example below, which is not correctly compiled in the
>> lastest beta.
>>
>> \starttext
>> \startformula \startalign
>> \NC v \NC = u + at \NR
>> \NC h \NC= ut + \frac12 gt^2 \NR
>> \stopalign \stopformula
>> \stoptext
>
> Confirmed, With MKIV I get

This is an engine error.

  \halign{$#$&$#$\cr u&\cr}\bye

Will be fixed soon, I hope.

Best wishes,
Taco

* Re: \startalign broken in the lastest beta?
@ 2009-04-13 14:33     ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2009-04-13 14:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 13 Apr 2009, Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> \halign{$#$&$#$\cr u&\cr}\bye

and perl is reputed to look like line noise ;)

Aditya

* Re: \startalign broken in the lastest beta?
@ 2009-04-13 14:46       ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2009-04-13 14:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Aditya Mahajan wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Apr 2009, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
>
>> \halign{$#$&$#$\cr u&\cr}\bye
>
> and perl is reputed to look like line noise ;)

Now that I fixed it, I suspect there is an even shorter
minimal file possible, but I 've fixed it already so
I can't try that any more. This might also do the trick:

   \hbox{$x$$$}\bye

(but it needs to be run with context)

Anyway, the fix in luatex svn already. I expect to release
0.39 on wednesday.

Best wishes,
Taco

* Re: \startalign broken in the lastest beta?
@ 2009-04-13 15:57         ` Longmin Wang
From: Longmin Wang @ 2009-04-13 15:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 04:46:52PM +0200, Taco Hoekwater wrote:

>Anyway, the fix in luatex svn already. I expect to release
>0.39 on wednesday.
>
>Best wishes,
>Taco

Many thanks. It works.