* Updating bug: linux-64
@ 2009-05-14  8:20 bbvogel
From: bbvogel @ 2009-05-14  8:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear all,

Updating context (linux-64) gives:

texlua: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.8' not found (required by texlua)

The 32bit version works fine with glibc2.6.

Regards,

Bernard

* Re: Updating bug: linux-64
@ 2009-05-14 13:28 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2009-05-14 13:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

bbvogel@home.nl wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Updating context (linux-64) gives:
>
> texlua: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.8' not found (required by texlua)

This means the 64bit binary is too new for your machine :(

* Re: Updating bug: linux-64
@ 2009-05-14 15:00   ` bbvogel
From: bbvogel @ 2009-05-14 15:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thursday 14 May 2009, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> bbvogel@home.nl wrote:
> > Dear all,
> >
> > Updating context (linux-64) gives:
> >
> > texlua: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.8' not found (required by
> > texlua)
>
> This means the 64bit binary is too new for your machine :(

Thanks.

3 months after release and Debian Lenny is already too old.

Compiling luatex myself and updating minimals, does that work?

* Re: Updating bug: linux-64
@ 2009-05-14 15:10     ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2009-05-14 15:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

bbvogel@home.nl wrote:
>> This means the 64bit binary is too new for your machine :(

> Thanks.
>
> 3 months after release and Debian Lenny is already too old.

If it was any other distro I would be surprised ;)
Lenny is glibc 2.7, right?

> Compiling luatex myself and updating minimals, does that work?

It should, yes. Even better would be if you then sent your binary
to Mojca, since yours will run on more platforms than the current
binary in minimals.

Best wishes,
Taco

* Re: Updating bug: linux-64
@ 2009-05-14 15:21       ` Arthur Reutenauer
From: Arthur Reutenauer @ 2009-05-14 15:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

> It should, yes. Even better would be if you then sent your binary
> to Mojca, since yours will run on more platforms than the current
> binary in minimals.

  Absolutely, and, even better, Bernard, if you're willing to use SVN,
you can even submit the binaries to the repository yourself.  Write to
Mojca and me if you want an account on the server.

	Arthur

* Re: Updating bug: linux-64
@ 2009-05-14 16:02         ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2009-05-14 16:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 17:21, Arthur Reutenauer wrote:
>> It should, yes. Even better would be if you then sent your binary
>> to Mojca, since yours will run on more platforms than the current
>> binary in minimals.
>
>  Absolutely, and, even better, Bernard, if you're willing to use SVN,
> you can even submit the binaries to the repository yourself.  Write to
> Mojca and me if you want an account on the server.

Sorry, my fault, I figured out that I may not compile the binaries on
the garden any more (I didn't know that before). Usually Peter
compiles all the binaries, this time I did and that has apparently
been a mistake. Sorry.

Peter, may I ask you to recompile the luatex beta binary (in
src/luatex) and commit it to current/luatex-0.40.1/luatex?

Thanks,
    Mojca

* Re: Updating bug: linux-64
@ 2009-05-14 16:32         ` bbvogel
From: bbvogel @ 2009-05-14 16:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thursday 14 May 2009, Arthur Reutenauer wrote:
> > It should, yes. Even better would be if you then sent your binary
> > to Mojca, since yours will run on more platforms than the current
> > binary in minimals.
>
>   Absolutely, and, even better, Bernard, if you're willing to use SVN,
> you can even submit the binaries to the repository yourself.  Write to
> Mojca and me if you want an account on the server.

Lets try compiling first ;)

The correct link on luatex.org is still
http://foundry.supelec.fr/projects/luatex ?

... and is currently down?

> 	Arthur

* Re: Updating bug: linux-64
@ 2009-05-14 16:36       ` bbvogel
From: bbvogel @ 2009-05-14 16:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thursday 14 May 2009, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> bbvogel@home.nl wrote:
> >> This means the 64bit binary is too new for your machine :(
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > 3 months after release and Debian Lenny is already too old.
>
> If it was any other distro I would be surprised ;)
> Lenny is glibc 2.7, right?

Right

> > Compiling luatex myself and updating minimals, does that work?
>
> It should, yes. Even better would be if you then sent your binary
> to Mojca, since yours will run on more platforms than the current
> binary in minimals.

In that case a clean chroot environment might be handy.
Lets see what I can do.

> Best wishes,
> Taco

* Re: Updating bug: linux-64
@ 2009-05-14 17:16           ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2009-05-14 17:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

bbvogel@home.nl wrote:
> On Thursday 14 May 2009, Arthur Reutenauer wrote:
>>> It should, yes. Even better would be if you then sent your binary
>>> to Mojca, since yours will run on more platforms than the current
>>> binary in minimals.
>>   Absolutely, and, even better, Bernard, if you're willing to use SVN,
>> you can even submit the binaries to the repository yourself.  Write to
>> Mojca and me if you want an account on the server.
>
> Lets try compiling first ;)
>
> The correct link on luatex.org is still
> http://foundry.supelec.fr/projects/luatex ?
>
> ... and is currently down?

Oh, yes: foundry.supelec.fr is being upgraded today, it should be back
on line tomorrow morning. Sorry, I forgot to mention that.

Best wishes,
Taco

* Re: Updating bug: linux-64
@ 2009-05-14 18:43           ` Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2009-05-14 18:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 14 May 2009, Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> Peter, may I ask you to recompile the luatex beta binary (in
> src/luatex) and commit it to current/luatex-0.40.1/luatex?

Of course. Compilation has just been started.
Cheers, Peter

--
Contact information: http://pmrb.free.fr/contact/

* Re: Updating bug: linux-64