With the following sample and MkIV \starttext \setupfootnotes[location=text] This\footnote{Or that, if you prefer.} is a sentence with a footnote. \placefootnotes \stoptext I get: ! Undefined control sequence. \doplacenotes ... \endgroup \the \everysetupnotes \fi \stoptext l.5 \stoptext I think \everysetupnotes in strc-not.tex, line 913 should be \everysetupnote, but after fixing it the output isn't correct, any ideas? Regards, Khaled -- Khaled Hosny Arabic localiser and member of Arabeyes.org team Free font developer