Hi all, > Shortly after sending my email, I realized the actual problem I was trying to solve was not the one I posted, so perhaps I can clarify that a bit. What I'm trying to do, is pass some text to a custom command, which should then be displayed in a custom typing style. It seems I can pass some text to a command fine, even multiple lines: \define[1]\test{Lines: #1} \test{ One line Two lines Three lines } However, this will obviously not give me any typing style at all, just a single line with all the words after eachother. I can't just use \starttyping (or \startFOO, which was the actual goal of all this) inside a \define, since that gives me: File ended while scanning use of \dododowithbuffer. So, this made me look at using buffers, since I can pass in an entire buffer and use \typebuffer to get it in a typing style. However, as mentioned before I can't seem to be able to pass an actual style to \typebuffer (one defined with \definetyping). The only way I've found just now, is to use \setuptyping. However, that takes effect for the rest of the document, so I have to reset the settings to their defaults afterwards, destroying any custom settings that could have been set. I can't seem to find a way to "push" the typing settings or save them somehow, so this is not quite a perfect solution... Any other suggestions? Gr. Matthijs