Hi Peter, > \setuptyping[option=TEX] This is what I am using now, but this changes the global settings and requires resetting them afterwards. Not so pretty. I was hoping for a better method to achieve this, but I'm starting to doubt there is one currently. I've been trying to give \typebuffer a second argument with options or a typing style, but I haven't been so succesful so far... However, from looking at the definition of \dotypebuffer makes me wonder a bit if my understanding of TeX macros is faulty, or the code is weird: \def\dotypebuffer[#1][#2]% {\iffirstargument \dobuffer{17}{#1}\dotypefilebuffer \else \dobuffer{17}{#2}\dotypefilebuffer \fi} What I see here is the there is an argument "17" passed, which is not used by \dobuffer at all. Also, why is this "17" ? Secondly, there is a use of #2 in this definition, but only when there is no first argument (and thus, no second argument either). Is this a leftover that could be replaced with {}, or am I missing something? Gr. Matthijs