On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 06:07:37PM +0200, Hans Hagen wrote: > Khaled Hosny wrote: >> On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 04:34:37PM +0200, Hans Hagen wrote: >>> Khaled Hosny wrote: >>>> ConTeXt doesn't use fontconfig for detecting installed fonts, try to set >>>> OSFONTDIR to point where your fonts are, then run: >>>> mtxrun -script fonts -reload >>>> >>>> Hans, is it possible to read fontconfig files to detect font directories >>>> on linux, it is xml files and we would be interested in and >>>> tags only. >>> it does, given that the file can be found someplace in the tree (i >>> added a log message so that one can see of it is found) >> >> The standard places for fontconfig files are ~/fonts.conf and >> /etc/fonts/fonts.conf, any other file is included from there, so may be >> it should check for those two by default (if it doesn't already). > > no, not there but before I even start thinking about adding that we need > to investigate all places as i'm pretty sure that on the mac it's > different (somehow 'standard' in practice is never 'standard') and > there's also the order to consider, one, more, and in what order then What I wrote above is for linux (I assumed the code is checks for OS and sets default font paths), /etc/fonts/font.conf is read first followed by any files included from it, then ~/.fonts.conf so that user can override system settings. (http://www.fontconfig.org/fontconfig-user.html has more details) Regards, Khaled -- Khaled Hosny Arabic localiser and member of Arabeyes.org team Free font developer