Hi Matthew, > However, I've found that cleaning up your objects when you're done pretty much > solves all my problems. For example, just add a clearObj line to your code > makes it work for me: I've found that using "save" to "declare" the values as local also works. For example: > \startMPinclusions > input metaobj; > \stopMPinclusions > > \starttext > \startMPpage save a; > newBox.a(\sometxt{hello world}); > a.c = origin; > drawObj(a); > \stopMPpage > \stoptext Perhaps this is even slightly more elegant. Gr. Matthijs