* Letter Module: Foldmarks
@ 2009-10-07 20:20 Andreas Schneider
From: Andreas Schneider @ 2009-10-07 20:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi,

for some time now, I try to figure out, how to enable fold marks in the
letter module.

I tried:
\setupletterstyle
  [option]
  [marking=on,
   foldmark=yes,
   cutmark=yes]

All three of them didn't seem to do anything.

How are fold marks supposed to be set? Or is this currently not
possible at all?

Thanks in advance,
Andreas.

* Re: Letter Module: Foldmarks
@ 2009-10-07 21:19 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2009-10-07 21:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 07.10.2009 um 22:20 schrieb Andreas Schneider:

> Hi,
>
> for some time now, I try to figure out, how to enable fold marks in
> the
> letter module.

Fold marks are enabled by default but there was a bug in the code, I
uploaded a new release.

There are different ways to enable and disable all of them, the
'marking' key could be used
to hide all of them (making=no) but you can also disable certain ones
with the individual name,
the default setup is:

\setupletterstyle
   [marking=yes, % enable all marks
    topmark=yes,
    botmatk=yes,
    cutmark=yes, % vertical middle of the paper for cutting
    endmark=no, % relict from typewriter time to indicate the end of
the paper
    usermark=no] % no purpose, could be used for whatever you want

For letters with more than one page it is sometimes usefull to show
the marks only on
the first page or for doublesided letters (it's possible but who
want's this) you can
control this with (multiple values can be given as argument to state):

   \setupletterstyle
     [<markname>]
     [state=<start|stop|first|next|left|right|leftpage|rightpage>]

   start     : show mark on the first page
   stop      : disable mark
   first     : show mark on the first page
   next      : show mark on the second and all following pages
   left      : show mark only on left pages
   right     : show mark only on right pages
   leftpage  : show mark only on left pages
   rightpage : show mark only on right pages

Wolfgang

* Re: Letter Module: Foldmarks
@ 2009-10-07 22:32   ` Andreas Schneider
From: Andreas Schneider @ 2009-10-07 22:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On Wed, 7 Oct 2009 23:19:13 +0200
Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Fold marks are enabled by default but there was a bug in the code, I
> uploaded a new release.

Wow, thank you for that very quick fix! It works fine now.
Also thanks for these great explanations and tips; you should really
add them to the manual, they can save lives ;-)

Best regards,
Andreas.