* After \placefigure the first paragraph of body text is not indented
       [not found] <mailman.348.1257783030.22155.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2009-11-09 17:18 ` Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky
From: Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky @ 2009-11-09 17:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi

I noticed that after \placefigure the first paragraph of body text is
not indented. Can I enable the indenting after figures?

My setups are like this:
\setupindenting[yes, big]

\placefigure[middle]{ }
{\externalfigure[image015][width=0.9\textwidth]}

Regards,
Vyatcheslav

* Re: After \placefigure the first paragraph of body text is not indented
@ 2009-11-09 17:57   ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2009-11-09 17:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 09.11.2009 um 18:18 schrieb Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky:

> Hi
>
> I noticed that after \placefigure the first paragraph of body text
> is not indented. Can I enable the indenting after figures?

\setupfloat[figure][indentnext=yes]

Wolfgang

* Re: After \placefigure the first paragraph of body text is not indented
@ 2009-11-09 18:00   ` Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2009-11-09 18:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 9 Nov 2009, Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky wrote:

> I noticed that after \placefigure the first paragraph of body text is not
> indented. Can I enable the indenting after figures?
>
> My setups are like this:
> \setupindenting[yes, big]
>
> \placefigure[middle]{ }
> {\externalfigure[image015][width=0.9\textwidth]}

Hello,

The opposite is also true. See http://tracker.luatex.org/view.php?id=105

Cheers, Peter

--
Contact information: http://pmrb.free.fr/contact/

* Re: After \placefigure the first paragraph of body text is not indented
@ 2009-11-10  8:17     ` Alan BRASLAU
From: Alan BRASLAU @ 2009-11-10  8:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On Monday 09 November 2009 18:57:30 Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
> Am 09.11.2009 um 18:18 schrieb Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky:
> > Hi
> >
> > I noticed that after \placefigure the first paragraph of body text
> > is not indented. Can I enable the indenting after figures?
>
> \setupfloat[figure][indentnext=yes]

I have also noticed that \placefigure inserts a (line) break, that is, a
\placefigure somewhere in the middle of a paragraph adds a break in the line
(as would \crlf). Is this to be the expected default behavior, and is there an
option to \setupfloat that controls this?

If so, would this get broken by [indentnext=yes]?

I would expect the default behavior be
1) not to break the line
and
2) to respect \setupindenting

Thanks,

Alan

* Re: After \placefigure the first paragraph of body text is not indented
@ 2009-11-10  8:51       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2009-11-10  8:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Alan BRASLAU wrote:
> On Monday 09 November 2009 18:57:30 Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
>> Am 09.11.2009 um 18:18 schrieb Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I noticed that after \placefigure the first paragraph of body text
>>> is not indented. Can I enable the indenting after figures?
>> \setupfloat[figure][indentnext=yes]
>>

> I have also noticed that \placefigure inserts a (line) break, that is, a
> \placefigure somewhere in the middle of a paragraph adds a break in the line
> (as would \crlf). Is this to be the expected default behavior, and is there an
> option to \setupfloat that controls this?
>
> If so, would this get broken by [indentnext=yes]?
>
> I would expect the default behavior be
> 1) not to break the line
> and
> 2) to respect \setupindenting

placefigure is a display command, and normally has a caption etc which
only makes sense in display usage

why use placefigure in the middle of a paragraph?

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2009-11-10 10:27         ` Alan BRASLAU
From: Alan BRASLAU @ 2009-11-10 10:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tuesday 10 November 2009 09:51:09 Hans Hagen wrote:
> Alan BRASLAU wrote:

> >> \setupfloat[figure][indentnext=yes]
> >
> > I have also noticed that \placefigure inserts a (line) break, that is, a
> > \placefigure somewhere in the middle of a paragraph adds a break in the
> > line (as would \crlf). Is this to be the expected default behavior, and
> > is there an option to \setupfloat that controls this?
> >
> > If so, would this get broken by [indentnext=yes]?
> >
> > I would expect the default behavior be
> > 1) not to break the line
> > and
> > 2) to respect \setupindenting
>
> placefigure is a display command, and normally has a caption etc which
> only makes sense in display usage
>
> why use placefigure in the middle of a paragraph?

placefigure is a float.

\starttext

Typically, one would like to float a displayed figure (or table)
with its caption somewhere near the textual reference to the display.
For example, see \in[figure]{fig:example}.
\placefigure[][fig:example]{This is an example}{\externalfigure[example]}
This reference can occur in the middle of a paragraph.
The figure may float to the bottom of the page,
to the top of the next page, or further.
In this example, it is undesirable to break the line
after \quotation{For example, see figure 1.}.
Does this example illustrate the point sufficiently?

\stoptext