* Remove bold face
@ 2009-11-18  1:57 anuar lezama
From: anuar lezama @ 2009-11-18  1:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello Everybody, My problem is the following: I'm creating chapter's titles
with a mix of styles. For example. \chapter{ something {\bolditalic another
thing}} This give me the result that I expect with my titles, but when I use
this title's string to create a header, part of the header appears with the
bold italic style on it and I would like to remove it. So far I have tried
to define my header's style as normal but the bolditalic style keeps
appearing on the "another thing" part. Is there a way to remove this bold
style? Thank you in advance for the help -- Kind Regards Anuar

* Re: Remove bold face
@ 2009-11-18  7:21 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2009-11-18  7:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

anuar lezama wrote:
> Hello Everybody, My problem is the following: I'm creating chapter's
> titles with a mix of styles. For example. \chapter{ something
> {\bolditalic another thing}} This give me the result that I expect with

\nomarking {\bolditalic } should do the trick.

Best wishes,
Taco

* Re: Remove bold face
@ 2009-11-18 16:29   ` anuar lezama
                       ` (2 more replies)
From: anuar lezama @ 2009-11-18 16:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello Taco,

Thank you for answering. I can't make nomarking do this trick, I tried
 something like this:
\starttext
The {\bf teacher-student} relationship \nomarking{\bf implies} the authority
of the person teaching over the person being taught.
\stoptext

and the word "implies" still have bold face on the PDF output, do I need to
do some kind of set up to marking so it works?

Thank you.

Kind Regrads
Anuar

On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 1:21 AM, Taco Hoekwater <taco@elvenkind.com> wrote:

> anuar lezama wrote:
> > Hello Everybody, My problem is the following: I'm creating chapter's
> > titles with a mix of styles. For example. \chapter{ something
> > {\bolditalic another thing}} This give me the result that I expect with
>
> \nomarking {\bolditalic } should do the trick.
>
> Best wishes,
> Taco

* Re: Remove bold face
@ 2009-11-18 17:04     ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2009-11-18 17:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

anuar lezama wrote:
> Hello Taco,
>
> Thank you for answering. I can't make nomarking do this trick, I tried
>  something like this:
> \starttext
> The {\bf teacher-student} relationship \nomarking{\bf implies} the authority
> of the person teaching over the person being taught.
> \stoptext
>
> and the word "implies" still have bold face on the PDF output, do I need to
> do some kind of set up to marking so it works?

I thought you were defining a \chapter head?

* Re: Remove bold face
@ 2009-11-18 17:24 ` Alan BRASLAU
From: Alan BRASLAU @ 2009-11-18 17:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wednesday 18 November 2009 02:57:18 anuar lezama wrote:
> Hello Everybody, My problem is the following: I'm creating chapter's titles
> with a mix of styles. For example. \chapter{ something {\bolditalic another
> thing}} This give me the result that I expect with my titles, but when I
>  use this title's string to create a header, part of the header appears
>  with the bold italic style on it and I would like to remove it. So far I
>  have tried to define my header's style as normal but the bolditalic style
>  keeps appearing on the "another thing" part. Is there a way to remove this
>  bold style? Thank you in advance for the help -- Kind Regards Anuar

Maybe try using selectors?

(untested with \chapter{}...)

\defineselector [title] [max=2,n=2] % alternate {short}{long} titles

\starttext

\chapter{\select{title}
	{something another thing}
	{something {\bf another thing}}
}

\setupselector [title] [n=1]
\completecontent

\stoptext

Alan

* Re: Remove bold face
@ 2009-11-18 17:28     ` Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2009-11-18 17:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 18 Nov 2009, anuar lezama wrote:

> Thank you for answering. I can't make nomarking do this trick, I tried  something like this:
> \starttext
> The {\bf teacher-student} relationship \nomarking{\bf implies} the authority of the person teaching over the
> person being taught.
> \stoptext

Hello Anuar,

I suppose, you want something like chapter 2:

\setupheadertexts[chapter]
\starttext
\chapter{something {\bolditalic another thing}}
\chapter{something {\nomarking\bolditalic another thing}}
\stoptext

Cheers, Peter

--
Contact information: http://pmrb.free.fr/contact/

* Re: Remove bold face
@ 2009-11-18 17:59     ` Bernhard Rosensteiner
From: Bernhard Rosensteiner @ 2009-11-18 17:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello Anuar,

for me \nomarking never worked as expected (i´m relatively new to ConTeXt, so i don´t know if \nomarking worked in the past..., maybe i´m misunderstanding something...). In the mailing list i found:

 \startchapter{title=\bf Title, list=entry in lists like content, bookmark=bookmark in pdf, marking=marked Title}

this works

best regards
Bernhard

Am 18.11.2009 um 17:29 schrieb anuar lezama:

> Hello Taco,
>
> Thank you for answering. I can't make nomarking do this trick, I tried  something like this:
> \starttext
> The {\bf teacher-student} relationship \nomarking{\bf implies} the authority of the person teaching over the person being taught.
> \stoptext
>
> and the word "implies" still have bold face on the PDF
> output, do I need to do some kind of set up to marking
> so it works?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Kind Regrads
> Anuar
>
> On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 1:21 AM, Taco Hoekwater <taco@elvenkind.com> wrote:
>

> anuar lezama wrote:
> > Hello Everybody, My problem is the following: I'm creating chapter's
> > titles with a mix of styles. For example. \chapter{ something
> > {\bolditalic another thing}} This give me the result that I expect with
>
> \nomarking {\bolditalic } should do the trick.
>
> Best wishes,
> Taco

* Re: Remove bold face
@ 2009-11-18 18:25       ` anuar lezama
From: anuar lezama @ 2009-11-18 18:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hollo Everyone, Thank you everyone for answering. I think I misinterpreted
your answer Taco I'm so sorry. I tried the solution gave by Alan and It
worked perfectly. This is what i did: \defineselector [title] [max=2,n=2]
\setupselector [title] [n=1] \section{\select{title}{Comunicación con el
{\bolditalic Datalogger}}{Comunicación con el {\it Datalogger}}}
\setupselector [title] [n=2] So when the table of content and the header are
created context uses the alternative 2 without bold face, but the section's
title appears with italicbold. I really appreciate all your help. Thank you
very much

On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 11:59 AM, Bernhard Rosensteiner <
brosensteiner@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Anuar,
>
> for me \nomarking never worked as expected (i´m relatively new to ConTeXt,
> so i don´t know if \nomarking worked in the past..., maybe i´m
> misunderstanding something...). In the mailing list i found:
>
>  \startchapter{title=\bf Title, list=entry in lists like content,
> bookmark=bookmark in pdf, marking=marked Title}
>
> this works
>
> best regards
> Bernhard
>

> Am 18.11.2009 um 17:29 schrieb anuar lezama:
>
> Hello Taco,
>
> Thank you for answering. I can't make nomarking do this trick, I tried
>  something like this:
> \starttext
> The {\bf teacher-student} relationship \nomarking{\bf implies} the
> authority of the person teaching over the person being taught.
> \stoptext
>
> and the word "implies" still have bold face on the PDF output, do I need to
> do some kind of set up to marking so it works?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Kind Regrads
> Anuar
>
> On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 1:21 AM, Taco Hoekwater <taco@elvenkind.com>wrote:
>

>> anuar lezama wrote:
>> > Hello Everybody, My problem is the following: I'm creating chapter's
>> > titles with a mix of styles. For example. \chapter{ something
>> > {\bolditalic another thing}} This give me the result that I expect with
>>
>> \nomarking {\bolditalic } should do the trick.
>>
>> Best wishes,
>> Taco

Saludos

Anuar

* Re: Remove bold face
@ 2009-11-18 18:44         ` Alan BRASLAU
From: Alan BRASLAU @ 2009-11-18 18:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

I learned about selectors from this mailing list.
Before, I had used \nomarking{}, but I believe
that this has been eliminated in mkiv.
The selector mechanism is cleaner, and my use
is typically for figure and table captions.

I have no experience with \startchapter.

Alan

--
Alan Braslau
CEA DSM-IRAMIS-SPEC