Hi Wolfgang, > As you don't provide a example with a description where you have the problem > I can't make a test but this could work in MkIV I reckoned that the \page[no] command by itself was already broken, so I first want to fix that before making things more complicated (like doing stuff with before= or inbetween=). > \setupdescriptions[...][inbetween={\blank[samepage,line]}] This isn't exactly what I need, since the page break occurs between the header and the body of the description (the boxed block is inside the description). Or is inbetween exactly where that should end up? However, using your \blank command directly does work. I've now put it in the before= of my typing environment and that works as well. Thanks for this! However, I'm still surprised that the \page[no] command, which is documented to supress page breaks, does not do anything, while I need to insert some magical blank as well. Should \page[no] be documented as broken? Gr. Matthijs