Hi Wolfgang, > \page[no] did work but only when you use it in the correct way. > Aha, page[no] only works directly after a paragraph break. I haven't seen that documented anywhere. I'll put it up on the \page reference page. Is "only after a paragraph break" the right usage instructions, or is it more complicated than that? > As you're unwilling to show a example I can't give a concrete answer. I showed a reduced example, which showed the problem I was having exactly. I could have sent you my entire document consisting of many files, but that wouldn't be too useful I guess. I appreciate your attempts to provide a complete solution for my entire problem, but I have enough clue to fit in a working \page[no] into the right setup commands, if only I had a working \page[no] command :-) Fortunately, you've now provided me with two working commands (\par\page[no] and \blank[samepage,line]), so I managed to make my document look pretty! If you could only answer my first question above, then I'll improve the \page documentation. Thanks! Matthijs