On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 13:53:11 -0500 (EST) >>>>>> "Aditya" == Aditya Mahajan wrote: Aditya> This is the best compromise I could get for running MkIV in a Aditya> multi-user environment. I do not ask the mtx-update script to Aditya> generate the formats (the --make flag is missing), because this Aditya> script is running as root. Generating the formats means that Aditya> luatex-cache will be generated by root, and then a user will Aditya> never be able to writing anything in the cache directory. So, I Aditya> do not generate the formats during the update. Thank you for explanation. Aditya> I generate the pdftex and xetex formats, and ask the user to Aditya> run luatools --generate. When run for the first time, luatools Aditya> --generate creates the $TEXMFCACHE directory. Since the command Aditya> is run by the user, TEXMFCACHE is writable by the user. Ahh, cool. Aditya> Once luatools --generate is run, you can simply run "context Aditya> filename". ConTeXt sees that the formats are wrong and Aditya> regenerates them on the fly. The first luatools --generate is Aditya> needed so that mtxrun can find the mtx-context script. (context Aditya> is just a wrapper around mtx-context.lua). Interesting... Sincerely, Gour -- Gour | Hlapicina, Croatia | GPG key: F96FF5F6 ----------------------------------------------------------------