* overlay at given position: help needed
@ 2010-02-04 22:11 Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2010-02-04 22:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ConTeXt list

Hello,

Below is a test file, to show a bit what I'm looking for: a
background-image behind a text-area at a given position relative to the
center of this area. I'm not yet satisfied with the result.

Here my questions:

1.) Is \startframedtext a good choice for placing the background, or is
    there something better?
2.) Is \framed[loffset=..., toffset=...]{} a good choice for specifying the
    position, or is there something better?
3.) When "left=1", why is the image completely outside the frame and not
    only 50%?
4.) How do I make a step between text and background according to
    http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Presentation_effects ?
    I would like to show first the text, and after a mouse-click the
	background image.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Cheers, Peter

The test-file:

% Begins a text-area with a background-image:
\def\startBGimg[#1]{%
  \getparameters[BGimg][top=0, left=0, width=2cm, #1]%
  \start
    \newdimen\TopOffset \newdimen\LeftOffset
    \setupframedtexts[before=, after=]
    \defineoverlay[myBG][{%
        \TopOffset=\overlayheight      \LeftOffset=\overlaywidth
        \TopOffset=\BGimgtop\TopOffset \LeftOffset=\BGimgleft\LeftOffset
        \framed[frame=on, width=\overlaywidth, height=\overlayheight,
          offset=overlay, toffset=\TopOffset, loffset=\LeftOffset]{%
          \externalfigure[\BGimgimg][width=\BGimgwidth]}}]
    \startframedtext[background=myBG, frame=off, offset=overlay,
      width=\textwidth]}

% Stops the text-area with a background-image:
\def\stopBGimg{\stopframedtext\stop}

\starttext
\startBGimg[img=hacker.jpg, top=-1, left=-1]
\input tufte
\stopBGimg

\startBGimg[img=hacker.jpg, top=-1, left=1]
\input tufte
\stopBGimg

\startBGimg[img=hacker.jpg, top=1, left=-1]
\input tufte
\stopBGimg

\startBGimg[img=hacker.jpg, top=1, left=1]
\input tufte
\stopBGimg
\stoptext

--
Contact information: http://pmrb.free.fr/contact/

* Re: overlay at given position: help needed
@ 2010-02-05  9:31 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2010-02-05  9:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 04.02.10 23:11, schrieb Peter Münster:
> Hello,
>
> Below is a test file, to show a bit what I'm looking for: a
> background-image behind a text-area at a given position relative to the
> center of this area. I'm not yet satisfied with the result.

What is the expected output from your code with the left and top keys?

Wolfgang

* Re: overlay at given position: help needed
@ 2010-02-05 10:27   ` Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2010-02-05 10:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, Feb 05 2010, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

>> Below is a test file, to show a bit what I'm looking for: a
>> background-image behind a text-area at a given position relative to the
>> center of this area. I'm not yet satisfied with the result.
>>
> What is the expected output from your code with the left and top keys?

Hello Wolfgang,

When top=0 and left=0, the image should be centred in the text area.
With top=0.5 it should be centred in the bottom half.
With top=0.5 and left=0.5 it should be centred in bottom right quarter.
And so on.
("top" and "left" should be probably replaced by "hoffset" and "voffset")

Another idea comes to my mind:

text text text
text text text text text text
text text text text text text text text text
text text text text text text
text \placeanchor[myanchorname][hoffset=2cm, voffset=-1cm] text text text
text text text text text
text text text text text text text text

\placeatanchor[myanchorname]{\externalfigure[...]}

That means: I would like to define a position somewhere in the text,
perhaps some distance away from the actual point (hoffset and voffset).

And afterwards, I place an image at exactly that position as background.
This way, I can probably use the \FlushStep command.

I've looked quickly into the details.pdf but it all seems to be related to
floats...

TIA for any help!
Cheers, Peter

--