On Tue, Feb 09 2010, Sebastien Mengin wrote: > Thanks for the link, I failed to use it, as I have a ConTeXt/luaTeX > versions distributed by ubuntu/jaunty, which seems to be too old. I > should update and give it a try -- later. Hello Sebastien, Anyway, it was not the latest version. In the current version of MKIV, there is no support for language-specifics, so there is actually no support for switching back from French to another language. > Did you have a look at the doc I posted yesterday? Yes. I attach a recent t-french.tex file, that supports most of frenchb. In detail: > 1. the 1. paragraph of each section is indented (LATEX only); Done. > 2. the default items in itemize environment Done. > 3. vertical spacing in general LATEX lists is shortened; Done in itemize list. > 4. footnotes are displayed "à la française". What is this? > 1. French hyphenation patterns are made active; Done. > 2. `double punctuation' (: ; ! ?) is made active Done. > 3. \today prints the date in French; The command is "\date". > 4. the caption names are translated into French (LATEX only); Done. > 5. the space after \dots is removed in French. There is no space. > 1. French quotation marks \quotation{...} > 2. A command \up is provided M\high{me} > provided for ordinals: \ier, \iere, \iers, \ieres, \ieme, \iemes Done. > the macro \bsc (boxed small caps) does this, e.g., Leslie~\bsc{Lamport} \Bsc{...} > 4. Commands \primo, \secundo, \tertio and \quarto print 1o, 2o, 3o, 4o. > \FrenchEnumerate{6} prints 6o. No. > obtained via the commands \No, \Nos, \no, \nos. No. > 6. Two commands are provided to typeset the symbol for \degre No. > the TEXbook p. 134). The command \DecimalMathComma makes the comma \enablemathpunctuation \disablemathpunctuation > 8. A command \nombre was provided in 1.x versions to easily format numbers \dorecurse6{ \setdigitmode \recurselevel\relax \recurselevel: \digits{12.345,90} \digits{12.345.000} \digits{1,23}\par} > 9. frenchb has been designed to take advantage of the xspace package No. Here a test file: \usemodule[french] \starttext \section{test} \Bsc{Test} \Bsc{Test} \startitemize \item 1\ier\ item \item «bla» \item bla \stopitemize \quotation{bla} hello: hello; hello? hello! \date \stoptext Cheers, Peter -- Contact information: http://pmrb.free.fr/contact/