On 2010-02-12 <08:31:08>, Taco Hoekwater wrote: > Philipp Gesang wrote: > >Good evening, > > > > > >how do I retrieve an author's (or editor's) full name in the correct > >order (little endian: first name(s) -- surname) from a bib entry? > > >I can do stuff like \getcitedata[author1] but that does leave me with > >only one of many. > > > >I'm convinced the answer lies somewhere hidden in bibl-tra.mkiv inside > >\complexbibdef and particularly \specialbibinsert but I can't grasp the > >relevant part (getting the list) of it. > > If you are talking about \cite then the answer is not in > \specialbibinsert, but in \bibauthorref, which is quite > complicated because of sorting. > > Sorry, you just can't do this right now. I see, I'll revert to my workaround, then: adding new fields \full[author|editor] and format the entries by hand. This will do but I'll have to insert the data twice … thanks anyways. Regards, Philipp