* [bib] getting full author(s)'s name(s)
@ 2010-02-11 20:56 Philipp Gesang
From: Philipp Gesang @ 2010-02-11 20:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Good evening,

how do I retrieve an author's (or editor's) full name in the correct
order (little endian: first name(s) -- surname) from a bib entry?

I can do stuff like \getcitedata[author1] but that does leave me with
only one of many.

I'm convinced the answer lies somewhere hidden in bibl-tra.mkiv inside
\complexbibdef and particularly \specialbibinsert but I can't grasp the
relevant part (getting the list) of it.

Thanks very much,

Philipp

[-- Attachment #1.2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 198 bytes --]

* Re: [bib] getting full author(s)'s name(s)
@ 2010-02-12  7:31 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2010-02-12  7:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Philipp Gesang wrote:
> Good evening,
>

> how do I retrieve an author's (or editor's) full name in the correct
> order (little endian: first name(s) -- surname) from a bib entry?

> I can do stuff like \getcitedata[author1] but that does leave me with
> only one of many.
>
> I'm convinced the answer lies somewhere hidden in bibl-tra.mkiv inside
> \complexbibdef and particularly \specialbibinsert but I can't grasp the
> relevant part (getting the list) of it.

If you are talking about \cite then the answer is not in
\specialbibinsert, but in \bibauthorref, which is quite
complicated because of sorting.

Sorry, you just can't do this right now.

Best wishes,
Taco

* Re: [bib] getting full author(s)'s name(s)
@ 2010-02-12 11:06   ` Philipp Gesang
From: Philipp Gesang @ 2010-02-12 11:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2010-02-12 <08:31:08>, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> Philipp Gesang wrote:
> >Good evening,
> >

> >how do I retrieve an author's (or editor's) full name in the correct
> >order (little endian: first name(s) -- surname) from a bib entry?
>
> >I can do stuff like \getcitedata[author1] but that does leave me with
> >only one of many.
> >
> >I'm convinced the answer lies somewhere hidden in bibl-tra.mkiv inside
> >\complexbibdef and particularly \specialbibinsert but I can't grasp the
> >relevant part (getting the list) of it.
>
> If you are talking about \cite then the answer is not in
> \specialbibinsert, but in \bibauthorref, which is quite
> complicated because of sorting.
>
> Sorry, you just can't do this right now.
I see, I'll revert to my workaround, then: adding new fields
\full[author|editor] and format the entries by hand.  This will do but
I'll have to insert the data twice … thanks anyways.

Regards,

Philipp