Dear Wolfgang and others, (Reference: http://www.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-context/2010/046680.html; I'll continue this here as the original thread is growing rather large.) On 2010-02-08 <23:13:38>, Wolfgang Schuster wrote: > Am 08.02.10 23:08, schrieb Philipp Gesang: > >But thank you anyways, I now have an impression about how things may > >look like in the future and I promise to read > >http://wiki.contextgarden.net/XML#XML.2FConTeXt_in_general next > >weekend. > For MkIV read this: http://pragma-ade.com/show-man-43.htm It finally took me longer as I decided to become a bit familiar with XML and read through Eric Ray’s “Learning XML” first. So now I went on to try the examples from said xml-mkiv.pdf and they don’t seem to work. Running context on them as they are will stop at a TeX-prompt, typing \end into it will finish the run but no pdf is produced. The log file is quiet as usual. However, naively adding \starttext TEST \stoptext to the document will result in a pdf that looks as if the XML part was ignored. Are those examples supposed to work as they are given in xml-mkiv or is there some switch to get them working? Thanks in advance, Philipp Btw there’s a typo in section 1.1: the xml declaration should read ^ -- () ascii ribbon campaign - against html e-mail /\ www.asciiribbon.org - against proprietary attachments